VR Production Support Engineer
DigitalFish, Inc.Mountain View, CA
Full Time Job
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a VR Production Support Engineer with significant professional 3D film and/or games production experience.
You'll begin by working on a cutting-edge Google ATAP project creating a new content-authoring and delivery environment for artists, driven and being used by former Pixar animators and directors. Initially you will be located at Google's main campus in Mountain View, with your permanent DigitalFish office located in San Mateo. Some of our other partners include Oculus Story Studio, Pixar, DreamWorks, LEGO and NASA, and you can expect to intersect with these other projects over time.
Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years relevant production work experience, but if you think you're right for this position, contact us; we'll listen.
• Work closely with the rest of the development and artist teams to provide and support effective animation tools and scripts
• Identify and fix bugs in the pipeline and content
• Take ownership of technical issues and work to resolve them within running productions
• Troubleshoot and help to optimize assets for delivery on mobile devices
• Help document common problems and resolutions in support of future productions
• BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally involving CG artists or other creative users
• Experience in GUI development on desktop applications and related software development experience
• Experience with character rigging within the technical constraints of game engines
• Practical knowledge and some experience in Python, Java, C++ and MEL scripting
• Working experience with Agile/Scrum development, source-code control and QA processes
• Familiarity with OOP, MVC architecture, IDEs, debugging and optimization
• Large- and distributed-team development experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills to work with distributed, multi-functional teams
Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications Full benefits with excellent health plan Ability to influence product and features Work with a well0respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online