Digital DomainVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for the handling of complex production and general accounting work which requires an understanding of accounting principles and a basic understanding of the production process.
- Responsible for day to day oversight of a project's financial health, for specific feature film VFX production as assigned
- Weekly updating of project Estimated Final Cost Reports
- Assists Producers with bidding, budgeting, and review of all financial projections
- Prepares cost analyses and other special reports as needed
- Reviews and codes production-specific purchase orders and invoices
- Prepares weekly billings for re-billable costs as required
- Reviews weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassifications as required
- Provides show information needed for facility forecasting and planning
- Maintains assigned production accounting records
- Prepares and manages billing and collections for assigned productions
- Generates standard weekly financial reports and ad-hoc reports as needed
- Supports payroll processing and timecards
- Supports tax incentive/rebate processes and tracking
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance with four or more years related accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- VFX experience preferred
- Computer literacy in a PC environment with excellent Excel skills and proficiency with database applications
- Exposure to Oracle Projects and/or Oracle Fusion a plus
- Diplomacy, discretion, reliability, and a sense of humor are critical
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a ''team''
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, creative environment and with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize work and remain detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Office working environment
- Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online