Digital Domain 3.0Vancouver, BC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Trainer jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Trainer postings
Full Time Job
Purpose of the job:
The Trainer is responsible for organizing and executing immediate and long term employee professional development programs. The Training Specialist will provide general training across multiple disciplines. The Trainer will be responsible for developing curriculum in specific disciplines (to be determined based on their skills and needs of the company).
- New hire training and orientation
- Develop various discipline curriculum and individual lesson plans
- Work with subject matter experts in departments to develop training on new software and show-based procedures
- Provide cross training between departments/productions
- Provide training to employees at various DD locations
- Continuing education to enhance employees' skill sets
- Participate with School Outreach Program
- Facilitate and coordinate Internship Program in partnership with artist management and recruiting
- Conduct tours of facility on occasion
These goals are accomplished by individual and classroom training sessions, coordination of informational seminars and lectures, and creation and maintenance of web-based tutorials and documentation.
The Trainer will work closely with Production and Software departments as new proprietary processes or applications are developed. The trainer will test, develop documentation and prepare for training artists in these tools.
The Trainer will need to get up to speed on many existing proprietary applications already being used within the facility.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- BS or equivalent experience in Digital Animation, Education, Computer Science, Math, or related field
- Experience with various 3D software packages: Maya, Nuke, Mari, Houdini, Katana, Arnold preferred
- Experience with training in both group settings & 1-1 sessions
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Excellent computer/technical skills
- Highly skilled at public speaking/articulation & very comfortable in front of a group
- Knowledge of LINUX and Windows operating systems
- Experience with HTML/web page creation
- Strong writing skills
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good at multi-tasking and juggling multiple assignments
- Valid passport and ability to travel between US/Canada
- BS or equivalent experience in Digital Animation, Education, Computer Science, Math, or related field.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Office working environment.
- Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
- Eligible for BC Medical monthly premium coverage upon your enrollment into BC's provincial plan. Also eligible to be enrolled into Digital Domain's extended health and dental benefits plan
Job Title: Trainer
Classification: Full Time, Staff position
Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary Range: $70,000- $120,000 / Annum
Please submit your resume and cover letter online to careers.digitaldomain.com