Digital Production Manager
Digital Domain 3.0Vancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Purpose of the job:
The Digital Production Manager (DPM) is responsible for the scheduling and management of all aspects of digital production for feature film visual effects.
• With the Digital Producer, creates a schedule for all phases of production and works with Digital Artist Managers to assign digital artists to the work
• Responsible for tracking billed artist weeks against the bid
• Maintains the hold schedule and authorizes releases for all digital artists
• Creates and maintains task assignments for the teams; anticipates potential staffing changes based on development or creative shifts through the show
• Responsible for artist timecard and vacation requests
• Maintains and publishes information regarding client notes and changes in planned work for Supervisors and Artists
• Provides information to support the VFX Producer with bidding and change orders
• Provides support to VFX and show Supervisors as needed
• Manages the task assignments and priorities for the VFX Editor
• Works with the DFX and CG Supervisors to create the render processor, disk space, and software projections for the duration of the show
• Manages daily digital resource utilization and acts as the primary contact person on the production team with regards to allocation of show resources; communicates daily with the show DPA regarding changes to priorities, etc.
• Oversees the setup of show-specific production needs including view stations, war rooms, etc.
• Manages show space planning and artist moves with the Digital Artist Managers and Facility Operations
• Responsible for end of show wrap up with key artists, Production Services and Video I/O
• Participates in Production performance appraisal process
• Attends show post-mortems, documents and identifies action items for Digital Production team
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in film, art, communications, or related field
• 5+ years production experience including
• 3+ years experience in a Production Management or a Supervisor role in feature film, visual effects experience preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
• Knowledge of Gmail and Google Apps for work is a plus
• Experience with production tracking software (ShotGun) and asset management software a plus
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a high pressure environment
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending
• Eligible for BC Medical monthly premium coverage upon your enrollment into BC's provincial plan. Also eligible to be enrolled into Digital Domain's extended health and dental benefits plan
Job Title: Digital Production Manager
Classification: Full Time, Staff position
Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary Range: $68,000- $104,000 / Annum
Please submit your resume and cover letter online at the Digital Domain website. careers.digitaldomain.com
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online