Senior Financial Analyst
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
dick clark productions, a diverse entertainment company and producer of a wide range of television programming including awards shows, specials, and reality series is seeking a highly qualified Senior Financial Analyst.
Looking for a senior financial analyst to help drive monthly close, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, inter-company reconciliations, manage investments accounting, organize account reconciliations, etc.
Role and Responsibilities
• Analyze account activity and balances to determine drivers of change in the financial statements and to communicate these findings effectively in verbal and written format to management, auditors, and others
• Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures and entries, including deferred revenue, inter-company reconciliations, participations liability, accounting for investments
• Compile and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages
• Review and prepare footnotes and disclosures to the annual financials
• Manage and organize GL account reconciliations and tracking of accruals
• Analyze operating expenses in order to validate accuracy of account activity, identify variances, provide variance analyses and propose timely adjustments accordingly
• Prepare, transmit, and reconcile weekly payroll, including related variance analysis
• Assist with annual budget process and be able to provide information to the Director, Finance as needed
• Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
• Other projects as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• 2-3+ years of experience as an accountant/financial reporting/auditing
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA certification a plus
• Strong understanding of GAAP, financial statement preparation and accounting theory
• Detail oriented, takes initiative, ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Knowledge of payroll processing, tax withholding and state unemployment including regulatory and legal requirements a plus
• Proficiency with email and MSOffice applications (specifically Excel) and experience with Great Plains a plus
No Phone Calls Please
Current or previous entertainment experience is a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online