SVP, Mergers & Acquisitions
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for SVP, Mergers & Acquisitions jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all SVP, Mergers & Acquisitions postings
Full Time Job
dick clark productions (dcp) is the world's largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming and owns one of the world's most unique and extensive entertainment archive libraries, with more than 55 years of award-winning shows, specials, performances and legendary programming.
SVP of M&A will work directly with the Company's Chief Strategy Officer to identify and evaluate potential acquisition opportunities, execute acquisitions, and work to drive an effective integration program for acquired businesses. This role is an essential hire in support of the Company's strategic plan to diversify and grow the overall business through acquisitions.
He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing an M&A playbook which will be a repeatable process.
The SVP of M&A will be part of a growing M&A team and will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer. The role will be based in the Company's corporate headquarters in Santa Monica, California. Candidates should expect extensive travel to perform job duties.
• Spearhead acquisition origination team to identify and evaluate potential acquisition opportunities in furtherance of the Company's strategic goals
• Develop and maintain robust M&A pipeline with structured internal evaluation approach and process
• Architect and develop the Company's playbook to create a successful and repeatable M&A process
• Oversee transactional diligence efforts and coordinate with relevant business leaders and supporting roles to complete all aspects of diligence including, but not limited to, retaining and managing third party advisors
• Draft memos and/or presentations for board approval of transactions and maintain clear and concise communication with the Company's board of directors
• Coordinate with Accounting, HR, IT, Legal and other functional departments to ensure a smooth closing and initial transition for newly-acquired companies and employees
• Assist with all aspects of integration, including strategic planning, development of timelines and tracking action items against plan
• Monitor financial performance of acquired companies and prepare reports against budget
• Perform industry research to identify opportunities for growth within the Company's existing businesses or expansion into new areas
• Lead a team, including coaching and mentoring
• Requires 5-8 years of M&A experience with a private equity firm or diversified media company with a focus on media and entertainment
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, executing against both individual projects as well as broader strategic initiatives
• Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis and research in transactional situations
• Familiarity with all phases of an acquisition process
• Ability to work well under pressure and follow through on items to completion while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Demonstrated success working both independently and in highly collaborative environments
• Team player with the ability to work independently or with cross-functional groups
• Bachelor's Degree. MBA strongly preferred;