SVP, Communications & Publicity
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for SVP, Communications & Publicity jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all SVP, Communications & Publicity postings
Full Time Job
dick clark productions, the world's largest producer and proprietor of televised live event programming with shows broadcast in more than 160 countries, is seeking a Head of Communications and Publicity to lead all corporate and consumer communications efforts for the company. This position will be based in Santa Monica and will report to the COO/CFO.
The Head of Communications and Publicity will develop, strategize and execute all corporate and consumer campaigns on behalf of the company and their roster of live event television programming which includes the ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' ''American Music Awards,'' ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Miss America,'' ''So You Think You Can Dance'' and more. They will serve as a key advisor to the executive team and internal divisions of dcp which includes production, digital, sponsorship, international, legal and finance. They will also lead the in-house communications team and collaborate with production partners, television networks, talent, publicists, managers, agencies and sponsors.
• Strategize, plan, and execute consumer facing show campaigns and media events for the full roster of shows
• Experience supervising and leading a team
• Maintain strong relationships with the media and secure key media opportunities for executives and talent.
• Conceive and execute press conferences and press junkets.
• Lead all red carpet and media room activity including layout and design, media placement, talent activity, sponsor activations, digital activations and live broadcast integrations.
• Lead and develop all corporate messaging, backgrounders, press opportunities for CEO, President, senior executives and producers.
• Manage publicity efforts for talent participating in shows and ancillary events.
• Collaborate with network partners on communications plans, promo shoots, affiliate sweepstakes, network publicity opportunities.
• Manage and collaborate with show founders and partners for proper branding.
• Collaborate with promotional partners to expand visibility and drive tune-in throughout the show cycle.
• Collaborate with sponsorship and digital team on integrations and sponsorship activations
• Solicit, vet, hire and lead appropriate independent PR agencies.
• Draft all press materials including press releases, media alerts, captions, quotes, statements, background documents, Q&A's, talking points and marketing materials.
• Track, analyze and monitor media coverage
• Create and manage annual show and department budgets.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 15 -20 years of entertainment communications experience with emphasis in television or music, in-house or agency.
• Creative and strategic thinker with high level of initiative and drive.
• Experienced leader with proven track record
• Must possess strong leadership abilities to lead, manage and influence others
• Must possess strong collaborative, team building and mentoring skills
• Informal leadership qualities with ability to drive change effectively across functional areas
• Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced and ever changing environment
• Strong relationships with key media outlets, journalists and talent publicists
• Ability to present and advise C-Suite executives is essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment; manage multiple projects at once; and flexibly respond to rapidly changing priorities
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Ability to work flexible hours with some nights and weekends and travel as needed
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred