Deluxe EntertainmentHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a software engineer proficient in all tiers of web application development and its supporting technologies. The position will be located at EFILM in Hollywood CA. Come work with a small team in the heart of the entertainment industry. You will have the opportunity to build tools that will push the boundaries of technology as it is used in the making of all your favorite shows, movies, and commercials.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Work with a small team to build web based solutions and API to integrate with third party tools.
• Design and write proposals for user interface layouts.
• Develop new applications from the ground up using Python, Django, React, Flask and MySQL.
• Maintain and modernize existing Applications.
• Design and write proposals for API, SDK, and other programing interfaces.
• Provide support when necessary for the products you are working on.
• Write software that communicates with other systems over the network, or with hardware APIs.
• Profile and identify security flaws, performance problems, compatibility issues, and user facing bugs.
• Write Unit Tests and Documentation as necessary.
• Assist users and clients around the clock when necessary.
REQUIREMENTS: All candidates must:
• Have a BS or MS in a technical field or have relevant work experience.
• Have hands-on experience in developing web applications, including extensive knowledge of Python and Django.
• Have experience in data modeling and database schema design using MySQL, including selection of appropriate data types and development of efficient SQL queries.
• Have experience in developing data models and schemas from scratch and enhancing/refactoring existing schemas.
• Have experience in developing distributed Web applications and services using HTML, CSS, JSON and REST.
• Understand software engineering practices such as version control, code reviews, and testing.
• Be well versed in networking fundamentals.
• Have knowledge and experience of Security protocols and encryption methods.
• Have ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to establish interpersonal relationships.
• Have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Be available to work during extended hours including weekends if required.
BONUS SKILLS: The following aren't required, but any related experience will be highly preferred:
• Industry experience in editorial, digital asset management, preproduction, production or post production.
• Understands how TCP and UDP connections work.
• Can propose and implement an easy to use API for internal frameworks.
• A good eye for visual design and clean, modern interfaces.
• A deep understanding of cryptography, safe coding, and security topics.
• Experience in real-time processing.
• Understanding of how server infrastructure is build, and distributing functionality across multiple machines.
Job Type: Full-time
• Python: 3 years
• SQL: 3 years
• React: 1 year
• Django: 3 years