VP, Process Improvement
Deluxe EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
About the Process Improvement Team
The Process Improvement Team is responsible for executing global process improvement and continuous improvement (PI/CI) projects across our global Deluxe business. Our goal is to improve the internal efficiencies of the company's products and services and create
efficient workflow processes, maximizing the output of our operations. They will use improvement techniques that could range from simply fine-tuning well run processes through to radical redesign of cross-functional, end-to-end processes by analyzing key business
metrics to understand our process variation and determine root causes, always treating each ''failure'' as an opportunity to improve. The team will also look to the future, helping Deluxe to innovate our services, ensure we can meet the needs of current and
future clients – and to keep ahead of competitors.
This Process Improvement Team will be the champions responsible for building a culture of process excellence at Deluxe, encouraging our employees understand the philosophy of constant, logical, and sustainable improvement. The team will help to define, establish
and manage a green belt certification program for applicable employees, so that continuous improvement becomes embedded in our corporate DNA and becomes the way our employees operates at all times.
The team will be based in four strategic locations: US, UK, Australia and India, but will collaborate with the global executives of each of the Business Units, our regional leaders, and our corporate executive team to deliver change throughout the organization.
About the Opportunity – VP, Process Improvement
The VP will drive world class operational excellence by creating a holistic yet efficient value stream for Deluxe, increasing service and reliability and decreasing costs and defects. The VP will lead a strategically placed team and will work with the Executive
Committee to contribute to the future growth and strategy of the global business. The primary focus of this role will be global operations; specifically, client services and account management, client delivery, revenue generation and realization.
Overview of responsibilities:
• Partner with business and functional leaders to understand the opportunities for innovation and improvement that will drive the best ROI for Deluxe, focusing on operational efficiencies, direct costs savings and improved customer service experience
• Identify performance improvement programs at Deluxe that leverage cross-program and cross-location strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges
• Define the strategic roadmap to deliver year on year process improvement targets
• Oversee the global PI team and their portfolio of projects, managing the progress of each project, removing roadblocks and keeping projects on track to ensure seamless implementations
• Work with teams to analyse results, develop reports to validate impact and audit completed projects to verify sustained impact
• Actively maintain relationships with regional and local business leaders to drive location level requirements discussions and to communicate process changes to impacted employee populations
• Partner with various change agents inside the business units as well as core corporate functions, such as marketing & communications, enterprise IT, and business intelligence to introduce change consistently across the organization
• Build a culture of continuous improvement through educating and coaching the Six-Sigma methodology throughout the organization
We are looking for an energetic, results-driven senior leader with deep operational capabilities and experience of driving change. You will be patient, determined and process-oriented, comfortable with constant change and continuous improvement. Comfortable
in dealing with senior executives as well as ''deep diving'' into the operation to drive process improvement. You will be an expert in all areas PI/CI, accustomed to delivering long term, sustainable results that have a real impact on the future growth of the
organization. You will be collaborative, curious, have a bias for action and committed to delivering best-in-class operations.
• Master Black Belt certification in Six-Sigma is essential
• Minimum Bachelor's degree required, Graduate degree/MBA a plus
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired; especially related to digital audio, digital video, multimedia, and consumer electronic devices
• Exceptional leadership capabilities; the ability to manage a global team, cultivate relationships at all levels and influence others without having positional authority
• Experience leading cross functional initiatives to drive complex process improvement
• Skilled at delivering transformation programs, designing of future state operations and implementing improvements through a well thought out change management approach
• Ability to work within a matrix and globally distributed operation
• Knowledge of operational tools such as MAM systems, order management systems and workflow tools
• Must be resourceful, adaptable and able to work in a fast-pace, high pressure environment. Must adapt to rapidly changing priorities and able to shift focus without stress or resistance
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal e
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope:
high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially
as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.