Deluxe EntertainmentSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/20/2017 10:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Virtual Reality (VR) Category
Search for Systems Engineer jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Systems Engineer postings
Full Time Job
DeluxeVR is a full service VR studio that builds AAA content for brands and content partners alike. We create high fidelity visuals in both CG and Live Action VR. We are a hardware agnostic studio that prides ourselves on our ability to work on all platforms,
and all engines, using all cameras. We believe that our work reflects the best of VR.
At DeluxeVR, you can build high-quality immersive VR experiences. You will be empowered to push your creative boundaries and to wear multiple hats. Because we are a growing studio all of our artists are encouraged to working in multiple disciplines, and we
foster a generalist mentality to our work. You can make a difference by shaping what VR is and is yet to be.
We are looking for new team members with big ideas, who have a passion for technology, a positive attitude, and a team player mentality. Now is the perfect time to join us!
Do you want to…
• Be the master of Systems installation, configuration and operation?
• Manage core network service (LDAP, DNS, Firewall, etc.) installation and administration?
• Oversee hardware integration/deployment and software installation of Steam, Maya, Mari, Z-brush, Houdini, and more?
• Be the wizard of Configuration management and Networking?
• Save the day with incident response, management, and security?
• Develop internal systems tools and utilities for operating, monitoring, and reporting on studio infrastructure availability and utilization?
• Develop and maintain high-level digital security standards required in a post-production environment?
• Develop and maintain written operational procedures for routine network management processes?
• Administer servers and network services: LDAP, NIS, AD, DNS, DHCP, NFS?
• Administer network switches, network storage and associated tape backup system, Virtual Server Infrastructure, Databases, User accounts, Email technologies, Firewall, Internet and Digital Security, User support and troubleshooting?
• Analyze and tune systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability?
• Evaluate system components, software, networking infrastructure and hardware peripherals for reliability, performance, scalability and security?
• Research in order to maintain a working knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications, including emerging technologies?
• Evaluate business requirements and make recommendations on systems design and hardware purchases to fulfill business needs?
• Understand storage solutions tier1, near line, and backup systems?
Do You Have…
• 3+ years' experience in a professional systems engineering environment from a game company or publisher?
• A solid Windows/Linux front/back end experience deploying workstations, setup automation processes, or have previous infrastructure experience from a mid to large scale cross-platform game company?
• Advanced knowledge of Windows server and desktop environments?
• Solid knowledge of Steam (valve) and Windows platforms?
• Experience building and operating high availability and high scalability computing systems?
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies?
• Experience in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of relevant software packages including: 2D/3D CC applications, game engines, etc.
• Experience related to disaster recovery, business continuity, backup systems, tape libraries, SAN, and NAS knowledge?
Would you like to…
• Work in beautiful Santa Monica, just blocks away from the beach and 3rd street promenade?
• Enjoy full benefits including holidays and paid sick days?
• Play ping pong on one of our beautiful decks?
• Join a team of creative and technical collaborators?
• Enjoy free snacks and breakfast?
If so, then we want YOU to join our team!