Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The Staff Accountant will be assist in and be responsible for month-end close and related account analyses, reconciliations, roll-forwards and reporting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing and post-closing journal entries, account review and variance analysis.
• Prepare and track monthly recurring and non-recurring tasks and journal entries.
• Assist with preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and monthly financial reporting packages.
• Prepare supporting schedules by using SAP downloads, Excel pivot tables and various Excel formulas and functions.
• Assist with the preparation of fixed asset Authorization for Expenditures (''AFEs'') including setup, tracking and reporting of AFEs and assets.
• Analyze, reconcile and follow-up on worldwide intercompany transactions and balances.
• Track prepaid expenses, accruals and other ongoing activity including preparation of amortization schedules.
• Assist with invoice preparation and tracking of revenues and deferred revenues by customer.
• Prepare various Corporate-requested analyses and schedules, as needed.
• Liaison to operations in support of expense coding for purchase orders, check requests, T&E charges, etc.
• Maintain documentation of procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Prepare schedules and analyses for financial statement audits and tax compliance reporting.
• Assist with maintenance and organization of accounting files (paper and electronic).
• Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes, including analyses, assumptions gathering, projections, presentations and report dissemination.
• Assist with testing for system enhancements and reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
• Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, including thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Minimum of 3 years' progressive experience in an accounting role, including experience with month-end reporting; budgeting and forecasting experience a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
• SAP accounting software experience REQUIRED, including querying and journal uploading.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
• Proficient in all standard PC applications, specifically intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, including using pivot tables, functions, formulas and graphs.
• Solid communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability and willingness to interact effectively with different multiple personalities and styles, within and outside the department.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and plan well in order to meet deadlines, without hesitancy to ask for direction or assistance/guidance from supervisors.
• Comfortable working in a demanding fast-paced environment, taking on new tasks, handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven department.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online
content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences. Deluxe Creative companies house the world's top talent, amplified through a unified technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly,
and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in?Los Angeles and New
York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry's premier artists, experts, and innovators.