Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2017 9:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Staff Accountant jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Staff Accountant postings
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The Staff Accountant will be assist in and be responsible for month-end close and related account analyses, reconciliations, roll-forwards and reporting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing and post-closing journal entries, account review and variance analysis.
• Prepare and track monthly recurring and non-recurring tasks and journal entries.
• Assist with preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and monthly financial reporting packages.
• Prepare supporting schedules by using SAP downloads, Excel pivot tables and various Excel formulas and functions.
• Assist with the preparation of fixed asset Authorization for Expenditures (''AFEs'') including setup, tracking and reporting of AFEs and assets.
• Analyze, reconcile and follow-up on worldwide intercompany transactions and balances.
• Track prepaid expenses, accruals and other ongoing activity including preparation of amortization schedules.
• Assist with invoice preparation and tracking of revenues and deferred revenues by customer.
• Prepare various Corporate-requested analyses and schedules, as needed.
• Liaison to operations in support of expense coding for purchase orders, check requests, T&E charges, etc.
• Maintain documentation of procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Prepare schedules and analyses for financial statement audits and tax compliance reporting.
• Assist with maintenance and organization of accounting files (paper and electronic).
• Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes, including analyses, assumptions gathering, projections, presentations and report dissemination.
• Assist with testing for system enhancements and reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
• Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, including thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Minimum of 3 years' progressive experience in an accounting role, including experience with month-end reporting; budgeting and forecasting experience a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
• SAP accounting software experience REQUIRED, including querying and journal uploading.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
• Proficient in all standard PC applications, specifically intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, including using pivot tables, functions, formulas and graphs.
• Solid communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability and willingness to interact effectively with different multiple personalities and styles, within and outside the department.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and plan well in order to meet deadlines, without hesitancy to ask for direction or assistance/guidance from supervisors.
• Comfortable working in a demanding fast-paced environment, taking on new tasks, handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven department.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.