Senior Web Developer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Sr. Web Developer. This position is located in Burbank, California.
The Sr. Web Developer will develop web applications for Deluxe Network Services on a .NET framework from product definition through implementation, release and maintain a client – server system for connected entertainment devices. After initial deployment,
development will include new features and applications for Hollywood Titles supporting connected Blu-ray and electronic distribution of consumer electronics players.
The Sr. Web Developer will be responsible in many cases for the design and development of Network Service applications as the sole person in the development. As a result this requires a level of responsibility to achieve the end product that is extremely reliable
and an attention to detail.
Candidates need to be able to find clever ways to solve problems, design around system limitations and to meet shorten schedules if necessary. They need to work with new players and deal with unknown/new compatibility problems, in new and sometimes undocumented
tools and formats.
• Proven background in web technologies including complete definition from infrastructure to software technologies built on Microsoft technologies and .NET Framework. Experience in high transaction environments, user session, and account management in a load
balanced environment with clustered databases.
• Experience in Microsoft .NET Technologies including ASP.NET, C# and development in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
• Experience in developing proprietary web applications including use of Web Services and Restful API.
• Experience in backend databases in particular MS SQL Server 2010, including development using SQL and Transact-SQL.
• Experience with NHibernate and/or object relational mapping (ORM).
• Experience with TDD (Test-Driven Development).
• Experience with version control tools and concepts (e.g. Visual SourceSafe, Subversion).
• Experience in the integration of off-the-shelf web applications, and integration with third party APIs to interface with the system.
• Perform quality control audits and load tests to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper handling of data.
• Provide technical resolution of issues on mission critical systems and serves as primary point of contact for coordination.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering. Master's degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 5+ years of web development with experience, including designs and implementation.
• Ability to communicate, in both oral and written form, effectively to upper level management and peer engineers internally, and externally to customers with various backgrounds either technical staff or marketing personnel.
• Must learn and process information quickly.
• Must able to effectively document all processes, designs and data flows.
• Ability to provide technical leadership and support to management, peers, developers, and third parties.
• Solid troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to reach innovative options quickly required.
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Good discipline to meet the requirements for production support and make commitments.
• Technical expertise includes:
o Proven background in Microsoft web technologies including complete definition from infrastructure to software technologies.
o Platform expertise including Windows 2008 Server with Linux, Unix experience a plus
o Web server technologies including IIS (ISAPI components and filters)
o Experience with HTTP, SSL/TLS, web services, and XML document exchanges
o Experience in programming languages ASP.NET, C#, C++, and use of Visual Studio 2010
o Experience in ATL/STL,COM/DCOM/COM+ a plus
o Experience in creating high-reliability web deployments (geographical distribution, server farms, DNS management)
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V