Senior Systems Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a thoughtful Senior Systems Engineer who is passionate about Windows. This position is located in Burbank, CA.
You will be work on supporting application and infrastructure that enables Deluxe's rapidly growing, world-wide digital cinema business.
Are you a Systems Engineer who thrives on solving highly complex and dynamic issues and is highly skilled in Windows environments?
In this role, you will be recognized as a adviser internally and externally to help provide strategic direction, guidance and integration of these products and services. As our business grows, this role may advance gaining more projects and becoming a mentor
to more junior staff.
Our environment is primarily working in Windows with light Linux servers - administration, engineering, automation, and configuration management.
What you will do?
General system administration tasks for Windows and Linux systems, including but not limited to:
- Install, configure, monitor and report on server hardware
- Provide triage, escalation and follow-up on Tier 3 support issues;
- Document resolutions and provide end-user training
- Configure and maintain backup solutions
- Act as subject matter expert for internal company applications
- Share recommendations for application, process or system changes
- Participate in change management for application deployments
- Participate in regular on-call rotation; and work with application support, quality assurance and development groups.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products.
- Perform research and analysis of new engineering and integration, systems evolution, architecture, development, certification and accreditation, and configuration management.
- Troubleshoot server and enterprise software problems as reported by users.
- Provide technical advice to assist with resolutions and support of Tier 2 and 3.
- Responsible for documenting solutions to problems as needed.
- Deploy the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of server operating systems, enterprise software, related utilities and hardware.
- 7+ years of experience with Windows servers, software and hardware
- Mastery of Windows server administration (Active Directory, WSUS, DNS, KMS)
- Virtualization (VMware vSphere 5.x + preferred)
- Scripting skills (Python/Powershell/Perl/Shell)
- Firewall hardware/software administration (Palo Alto/Checkpoint)
- Monitoring system administration (Solar Winds/Nagios)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and bring them to resolution
- Ability to document technical information for non-technical audiences
- Experience supporting internally developed/released applications
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Flexibility to participate in regular on-call rotation
- Ability and willingness to learn new material quickly
- Administration and use of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Experience with a support desk ticket system (ex. Zendesk, OTRS, JIRA ServiceDesk)
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.