Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Deluxe OnDemand™ is transforming content sourcing, processing and distribution. With our advanced video workflow management and turnkey content-supply solutions, Deluxe OnDemand makes it easier for service providers to offer premium content quickly and
cost-effectively across more devices. Deluxe OnDemand addresses a range of customer requirements to optimize or supplement existing VOD workflows, support IP-VOD applications, expand VOD/SVOD libraries, and quickly launch EST services and 4K UHD. Our cloud-based
solutions are a more scalable, cost-effective, and future proof alternative to building-out new infrastructure. Deluxe OnDemand is commercially deployed by leading cable, telco, and OTT providers
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Product Owner with 3-5 years' experience as a Senior PO to work out of our Burbank, or Solana Beach, CA facilities.
The Senior Technical Product Owner will be responsible for working with various internal and external stakeholders, including senior managers and department managers to understand features and requirements and communicate those requirements to the Scrum development
teams. The individual will work with the development team to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software taking full responsibility for the development and ongoing enhancement of one or more software products. The Product Owner will
need to prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and accept user stories throughout the software development lifecycle. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
• Interface with key stakeholders, including senior managers, engineering, support, and sales organizations, to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of a complex software product at the heart of the company's business.
• Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
• Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with the Scrum Master to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria. Periodically review the product with stakeholders to ensure product meets expectations.
• Work with engineering teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
• Establish goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after release; monitor & report on progress to stakeholders.
• Own and maintain product documentation. Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Masters in CS or Business Administration highly desired.
• 3-5 years of directly applicable experience as a Senior PO in a software organization, with 10-12+ years of related experience in a software product organization; ideally one that rose up through a software development organization.
• Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced,
ever changing environment.
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• CSPO or equivalent certification is desired.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines. Some travel may be required.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired in an ideal candidate; especially related to digital audio, digital video, multimedia, and consumer electronic devices.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), company health screenings and more.
To view other open positions and for more information on our company, please visit our website.
Deluxe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.