Senior Java Developer
Deluxe EntertainmentSolana Beach, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/10/2017 5:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Java Developer jobs in Solana Beach-CA
Search all Senior Java Developer postings
Full Time Job
Deluxe OnDemand™ is transforming content sourcing, processing and distribution. With our advanced video workflow management and turnkey content-supply solutions, Deluxe OnDemand makes it easier for service providers to offer premium content quickly and cost-effectively across more devices. Deluxe OnDemand addresses a range of customer requirements to optimize or supplement existing VOD workflows, support IP-VOD applications, expand VOD/SVOD libraries, and quickly launch EST services and 4K UHD. Our cloud-based solutions are a more scalable, cost-effective, and futureproof alternative to building-out new infrastructure. Deluxe OnDemand is commercially deployed by leading cable, telco, and OTT providers
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
We are seeking a Senior Java Engineer with 5 years of Java experience and knowledge of C to work out of our Solana Beach, CA facility
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of SaaS based applications and corresponding component based web services within an Agile development lifecycle.
- Expert knowledge of at least one application discipline, along with the ability to rapidly learn new technologies based on business needs.
- Sound analytic skills to deal with requirements and/or issues that may be loosely defined and the ability to further manipulate and expand on them.
- Build relationships with peers and other teams to achieve objectives, maintain objectivity, and give and welcome feedback on design/implementation decisions.
- Mentor junior developers and provide architectural and implementation guidance as necessary.
- Be a leader of and enforce Agile principles within the product development team.
- 5 years experience with Java and knowledge of C
- 5 years experience doing web application development: JSP, servlets
- Experience with client-side development toolsets such as jQuery or Prototype
- 4 years experience with J2EE
- 3 years experience with message driven software development
- Middleware: WebLogic, JBOSS, Glassfish, or equivalent
- Experience with an MVC UI framework such as Struts or JSF
- SQL and RDBMS technologies: Oracle, SQL Server or equivalent
- Knowledge of UNIX, particularly Linux
- A desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Experience developing web service API's in REST and/or JSON
- Experience developing in Flash/Flex, Silverlight, and/or HTML 5
- Experience with Microsoft web technologies
- Familiarity with Artesia or an equivalent DAM solution
- Familiarity with video compression tools
- Familiarity with satellite and cable technologies
- Experience working with store-and-forward technologies
- An understanding of production and postproduction workflows
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), company health screenings and more.
To view other open positions and for more information on our company, please visit our website.
Deluxe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.