Senior DevOps Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/4/2017 3:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Senior DevOps Engineer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior DevOps Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset
and workflow management and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 7,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Senior DevOps Engineer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
This individual will operate as a Senior DevOps Engineer for our New Media Group.
The engineer will improve our build and deployment automation systems and keep them running flawlessly at top speed for all daily and regular releases. This position requires a highly motivated software engineer with keen attention to details.
Build and deployment processes require an extreme sensitivity to organization of deployments, accuracy of scheduling and reliability, and detail of their deployment plans. This person will raise deployment conflicts and schedule all deployments to achieve order
for all deployments. They are also responsible for management of our source repository system within Subversion (SVN) which will include branching, merging, and tagging. Further they are responsible for writing documentation of any automated build plans they
create as well as any build or release processes they carry out manually. They will be working with both the development and production environments and maintaining the code versions throughout the various servers in the system. They will coordinate deployments
with developers and with outside business units and third party companies as needed.
• Provide hardware and software support for systems providing Internet hosting of websites and services at a co-location facility and internal development network infrastructure
• Collaborate with Infrastructure teams on driving automation in setup, configuration & operations of environments across the stack from hardware, OS, virtualization, application servers, web servers, storage, database, load balancers, CDN etc.
• Perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage.
• Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution.
• Work with and provide support to developers to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems.
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed.
• Maintain systems uptime of 99.99%.
• Deploy and automate deployment of Web Services / Web Sites written in C#, .Net, Java to QA, Staging and Production Environments.
• Support production deployments across multiple data centers and cloud platforms.
• Configuration and automation of Load Balancers in Production Environment to support code rollouts to a web server farm with no down-time.
• Working with multiple onsite and remote teams to troubleshoot deployment issues and provide production support.
• Manage and administrate source control repositories, branching structures, and request tracking systems. You will be required to ensure that code is well-organized and labeled, and manage source code access, including access by remote groups, request tracking
and ticket tracking systems.
• Manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced multitasked environment. Perform repository branching used for parallel efforts, and will manage the merge process as part of release migration.
• Perform continuous integration product builds. Will automate, enhance and maintain existing software build process/infrastructure, and ensure consistent build techniques across in-house multiple systems.
• Drive best practices, standardize processes and development tools across systems to streamline and automate the build and release processes.
• Work with management and development teams to ensure CM architecture for applications meets the CM needs of the organization with the least amount of overhead to the development processes.
• Manage releases including coordinating with IT groups on the release timing to ensure systems are ready for code to be deployed.
• Work closely with QA teams to get the releases coordinated and deployment to test environments and Production.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Office products and patching technologies
• 5 -10 years of strong experience in performing Release Engineering duties in a .NET environment supporting Website/Web services deployments.
• 5+ years working in a high transaction, 24/7, web environment. (.NET)
• 5+ years' experience working with distributed web applications leveraging enterprise load balancers such as F5, Netscaler, A10.
• 5+ years' experience with VMware and virtualization technologies.
• Experience with scripting languages: poweshell, bash, python, kix, or similar.
• Experience working with Windows 2003/2008 Server and IIS 6.0/7.5.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent experience in related field.
• Experience in SVN or CVS is required. Exposure to other tools is a plus. (GIT)
• Expertise in SDLC/SCM (Software Configuration Management) methodologies and release management processes.
• Expertise in automating Configuration Management, Build Management, and Release Engineer processes.
• Expertise in administrating, configuring and developing build and release tools like VS, MSBuild, ANT, NANT, Cruise Control, Jenkins etc.
• Experience with automation/CM tools, either Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is a plus)
• Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
• Experience in Microsoft Programming languages experience: C# mandatory with C++ a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL.
• Working knowledge of XML and XSL.
• Awareness of CDN, Content Management tools, and Digital Content Distribution is a plus.
• Provide a high level of self-direction, motivation and initiative in response to changes to requirements and specifications and take initiative to expose issues to supervisor.
• Proven track record of leading and being responsible for Release Management processes.
• Strong system administration skills a plus.
• Ability to handle and manage occasional stressful situations and maintain calm demeanor.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
• Flexibility to suppo