Senior BI Analyst
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Senior BI Analyst. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
As a Senior BI Analyst, you will lead BI efforts to deliver strategic value to business partners. Success will be accomplished by engaging business partners to better understand their needs to define data requirements, design and develop data services while
providing on-going support of the BI information infrastructure. Successful candidates possess the ability to lead cross-functional teams, gather and prioritize requirements, schedule tasks, and communicate progress. In addition, candidates should possess
the ability to present findings logically and visually to all levels, executives, management, and analysts.
• Work closely with subject matter experts in Finance, Sales, HR, and Operations in the role of a data-driven advisor/partner and drive the collection, synthesis and review of data, analytics and reporting requirements. Define Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
and translate findings into functional and technical documentation.
• Work with functional areas to define and develop best methods to present data to business users, including but not limited to dashboards, reports and summaries.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the business operations and metrics.
• Provide input into the design and development of dashboards and standard management reports.
• Develop documentation templates. Document reporting definitions, end user processes, and develop training materials.
• Propose how to structure end user security, allowing for appropriate access to information.
• Working with key stakeholders, develop data governance processes and quality checks on the completeness and accuracy of data.
• Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Enterprise wide BI systems. Help crystalize concepts through rapid prototypes to elicit business feedback.
• Assist in the roll out of the new tools to users, self-service access to data, and the ability to create ad hoc reports.
• Steer change management. Coordinate and conduct user training and product rollouts. Drive end user adoption and grow user base.
• Assist with project plans and drive effective coordination and communication with business and technical teams to deliver BI solutions within time and cost constraints.
• Assist with requirements prioritization, data quality, integration, and quality assurance testing.
• Function as a key point of contact with business users, catalog issues, and ensure business users questions and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Assist with production support. Monitor support tickets and liaison with users and technical teams to drive timely resolution.
• Keep management and technical teams informed of critical issues and project status.
• Expertise in capturing cross-functional business data and analytics requirements in clear and precise business requirements document (BRD).
• Exposure to Financial, Sales, Operational and HR reporting.
• High proficiency with Excel including macros and formulas. Strong skills in Office tools (Visio, Project)
• Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, and Microsoft reporting tools.
• Working knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server and OLAP
• Understanding of ETL processes, data warehousing principles, and data modeling
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to get things done.
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Project management and Media and Entertainment industry experience a plus.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years' experience as BI Analyst required
• Experience with SAP ECC and BPC, Salesforce, and HR systems reporting a plus.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.