Quality Control Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset
and workflow management and new digital
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 7,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Quality Control Technician for our Localization team. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, subtitles and closed captioning.
• Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
• Individual will perform file QCs using various playback programs. (Quicktime, Final Cut, Premiere, etc.)
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material.
• Experience with multiple file format wrappers and codecs
• Dropping files into watch folders, sorting, renaming, uploading to delivery portals
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• AA degree in computer science, programming, electronics, A/V technology, television production or related field (or equivalent experience).
• 3-5 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
• Working knowledge of both OSX and Windows.
• Master source quality control experience is preferred.
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of audio, video, and film.
• Video Editing experience a plus.
• Knowledge of python, bash or windows shell scripting a plus.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software, and player anomalies.
• Individual must be organized, diligent, and detail-oriented.
• Individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video, and film impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Must be able to work nights, and weekends.
• Must be willing and able to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company . NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V