Quality Control Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentMoosic, PA
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2016 1:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Quality Control Technician jobs in Moosic-PA
Search all Quality Control Technician postings
Full Time Job
Deluxe Media - Moosic, PA is seeking a Quality Control Technician, Tues - Sat, 9am-6pm.
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, closed captioning, and subtitle files.
• Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
• Individual will perform emulation QC of several different types of files (linear playback testing of audio, video and subtitles; closed captioning; etc.).
• Individual will perform file QCs using various playback programs. (VLC, QuickTime, Elecard, etc.)
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material.
• Visual quality assurance testing of subtitle (text) files.
• Experience with AmberFin is a plus.
• Use Deluxe Media Checklists to verify compliance of Deluxe Media product to client specifications and Bill of Materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• AA degree in computer science, programming, electronics, A/V technology, television production or related field (or equivalent experience).
• 1-2 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with a desire for excellence and quality in finished work product.
• General knowledge of media required; knowledge of digital media a plus.
• File quality control experience is preferred.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer savvy and basic knowledge of both Mac and PC required.
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of audio, video, interactive multimedia, software playback programs, and consumer electronic devices.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software and player anomalies.
• Individual must be organized and diligent.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video and subtitle impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Basic knowledge of multiple languages is a plus (being able to identify between different languages).
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V