Quality Control Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Quality Control Technician jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Quality Control Technician postings
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening a QC Technician. Flexibility to work swing/graveyard/weekend shifts preferred. Candidates must be experienced in both Mastering and Broadcast linear QC for both standard and high definition content, both file and tape based. This
position are located in Burbank, California.
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, and closed captioning.
• Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
• Individual will perform file QCs using various playback programs. (Amberfin, Clipster, etc.)
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material.
• Experience with multiple file format wrappers and codecs
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• AA degree in computer science, programming, electronics, A/V technology, television production or related field (or equivalent experience).
• 3-5 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
• Master source quality control experience is preferred.
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of audio, video, and film.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software, and player anomalies.
• Individual must be organized, diligent, and detail-oriented.
• Individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video, and film impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Flexibility to work extended hours, nights, and weekends to meet project deadlines.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company . NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V