Production Support Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
We are seeking a Production Support Engineer with 5+ years of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems Experience for our Solana Beach, CA facility.
The position will be responsible for successful operations of D3 technology products and solutions that focus on video on demand (VOD), digital asset management (DAM), and digital video distribution
• Provide hardware and software support for systems providing Internet hosting of websites and services at a co-location facility and internal development network infrastructure.
• Debug Application software including log parsing, and troubleshooting across multiple components on multiple servers.
• Configure, troubleshoot and support servers, load balancers, storage arrays, network attached storage, network equipment and related peripherals.
• Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution.
• Work with and provide support to developers to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems.
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed.
• Maintain systems uptime of 99.99%.
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Office products and patching technologies.
• 4+ years working in a high transaction, 24/7, web environment, and Application Programming Interface (API) calls.
• Proficient in one or more scripting languages: PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, powershell, or similar.
• Experience with monitor solutions such as Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, or Solarwinds
• Solid networking fundamentals required. Must understand VLANs, basic Cisco IOS, DNS, Network Address Translation (NAT) and sub netting.
• Willingness to work extended hours / weekends to meet project deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with Linux systems in large load balanced pools.
• Experience deploying and troubleshooting LAMP and Tomcat solutions
• Experience working with various video formats, transcoding, and DRM.
• Experience with SQL Queries and MongoDB/NoSQL databases.
• Knowledge of backup systems and software.
• Proficiency in Splunk or similar log parsing.
• Experience with implementing monitoring solutions and scripts, familiarity with monitoring REST, SOAP based web services.
• Knowledge of performance testing and capacity planning strategies.
• Experience with best practices for change management and code releases. Some exposure to continuous integration and related technologies beneficial.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), company health screenings and more.
To view other open positions and for more information on our company, please visit our website.
Deluxe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.