Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset
and workflow management and new digital
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 7,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Product Manager/Owner. This position is based out of Burbank, CA or Solana Beach, CA.
The Product Manager (Product Owner) will be responsible for owning the features, roadmaps, plans and sustainability for a product or product line (group of smaller products). The Product Manager will work with various internal and external stakeholders, including
senior managers and department managers to understand overall business strategy, product features and requirements and prioritize & communicate those requirements to the Scrum development teams. The individual will work with the development team to ensure
successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software taking full responsibility for the development, user experience, timelines and ongoing enhancements of the product or product line. The Product Owner will need to prioritize tradeoffs,
clarify requirements, and write/accept user stories throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Interface with key stakeholders, including senior managers, engineering, support, and sales organizations, to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of a complex software product (or product line) at the heart of the company's business within the
context of the business strategy & goals.
• Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
• Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with the Scrum Master to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria. Periodically review the product with stakeholders to ensure product meets expectations and is competitive in the marketplace in all
regards including user experience.
• Work with engineering teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
• Track goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after release; monitor & report on progress to stakeholders.
• Perform product demos and evangelize across other teams as needed. Stay in sync with overall company product strategy and evaluate managed products with respect to potential connections/APIs/integrations with other company/partner products
• Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, roadmaps, pricing, module lists, internal sales training materials, demo videos etc. Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Masters in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
• 2-4 years of directly applicable experience as a product owner in a software organization preferred or, 2-4 years of experience in product/product line category with deep domain knowledge and understanding of tools and workflows used.
• Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced,
ever changing environment.
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• CSPO or equivalent certification preferred.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines. Some travel may be required.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired in an ideal candidate; especially related to digital audio, digital video, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats, localization and/or consumer electronic devices depending
on the product line being considered for.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company . NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V