Payroll Compliance Analyst
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Payroll Compliance Analyst. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
Perform research, analysis and processing of payroll and compliance for wage payment, timekeeping, union processes and reporting. Responsible for maintaining compliance with internal, local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines. Provide support for
functional and technical issues. Work independently to identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and accuracy of payroll. Key player in payroll and timekeeping system implementation.
• Interpret and apply local, state, and federal government regulations in connection with payroll policies and procedures within the HRIS and timekeeping systems including payment processing, rounding, gross-to-net computation, taxation and non-resident alien
payroll form administration.
• Process closing of payroll and transmission of check print, ACH, tax and wage attachment files to third party vendor.
• Maintain import and export data between systems including mass uploads for multiple entries.
• Research and provide computerized payroll data and ad hoc reports for supervisors and department heads utilizing reportwriting tools.
• Compile computerized payroll statistics including reporting for Department of Labor, unemployment, new hire reporting and census data via report-writing tools and HRIS export tools.
• Prepare union payments for submission to Accounts Payable.
• Back up to Payroll Manager and Payroll Systems Manager in providing production support on payroll systems issues and liaison with IT.
• All other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or Certified Payroll Professional.
• Minimum 6 years of payroll compliance experience focusing on payroll processes, regulations, internal and external controls and exception item research.
• Extensive responsible experience in payroll with demonstrated problem solving, including research and analysis of compliance areas.
• Computer skills including working knowledge of HRIS, timekeeping systems, Outlook, minimum of intermediate level spreadsheet applications, and intermediate ad hoc report writing.
• Working knowledge of payroll policies pertaining to a collective bargaining agreement, or comparable payroll regulations.
• Working knowledge of payroll federal, state, and local tax law and regulations.
• Ability to make logical decisions using sound, independent judgment and common sense.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts, with all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing, with tact and diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task with close attention to detail with accuracy.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, follow directions well and follow through with assignments until completed.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and work extended hours when necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
• COMMUNICATION: good written and verbal communication, organized thought processes, polite and respectful of others, adapts presentations to the audience, aware of confidential nature of information.
• ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING: thoroughly thinks out and evaluates alternatives, innovative problem resolution, pro-active approach, initiative to resolve problems.
• WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT: works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities.
• ETHICS AND INTEGRITY: perceived fairness; tolerance; honesty; confidentiality; consistent in application of policies and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• ACTION ORIENTATION: persists and finishes projects despite obstacles, or redirects when necessary; takes action and addresses opportunities with little supervision; takes extra steps to prevent mistakes or create opportunities.
• CONCEPTUAL THINKING: applies common sense, theory and experience to decision-making; interprets data for discrepancies and trends, and recognizes subtle patterns; identifies key issues or uses inductive reasoning in complex situations.
• SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE: specialty field of knowledge is up to date and properly applied.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.