Lead QA Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2016 4:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Lead QA Engineer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Lead QA Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online
content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences. Deluxe Creative companies house the world's top talent, amplified through a unified technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly,
and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in?Los Angeles and New
York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry's premier artists, experts, and innovators.?
We currently have an opening for a Lead QA Engineer. This position is located in Burbank, California.
The Lead QA Engineer will perform quality assurance, testing, and release management of internally-developed (1) online, enterprise-level server-side applications and services and (2) Windows-based software applications for automating and enhancing the development
and deployment of DVD, Blu-ray, and digital distribution applications.
Quality assurance and release requires an extreme sensitivity to accuracy, reliability and detail. This person will raise issues that are decided by the respective Manager whether a product is allowed to be released. Further, they are responsible for writing
documentation, crafting test plans, and executing these test plans. Candidates need to be able to find clever ways to perform tests and recreate issues. They need to work with R&D and deal with unknown/new compatibility problems, in new and sometimes undocumented
tools and formats.
• Analyze requirement and design specifications.
• Coordinate the development and execution of test plans.
• Write /Review test plans and test cases for content, coverage, and adherence to department standards.
• Perform functional and performance testing for web services.
• Perform database testing.
• Perform manual and automated UI tests for web and client server applications.
• Maintain and execute regression scripts for different product line (Internet products/services, Windows services etc.).
• Monitor problem log status reports.
• Participate in code reviews.
• Evaluate projects under test for interdependencies and conflicts.
• Provide recommendations or new tools and innovations designed to increase the performance and efficiency of the Quality Assurance department. Isolate, recreate, and report bugs, verify fixes, maintain the bug tracking system.
• Develop feature areas in collaboration with software engineers.
• Contribute to feature planning and development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Science or Related Field.
• Extensive background in the field of quality assurance with over 5+ years' experience in software quality assurance.
• QA experience with Microsoft development environment; C#, ASP.NET is a plus.
• 3+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL and database query tools, including the ability to write complex SQL queries.
• API/Web Services testing knowledge is required along with familiarity with API functional and load testing tools like Jmeter.
• Whitebox testing experience with APIs/Web services is a huge plus.
• Knowledge of different web service methodologies SOAP/REST is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in applying a test strategy to the major components of a test cycle (including functional, system/integration, regression, performance, load/stress, and error handling).
• Familiar with any GUI automation tool (Selenium, Watir, Rational, Mercury, etc.).
• Must have experience working on high transaction/volume production system.
• Very detailed and task oriented.
• Must have experience working in a very fast paced environment.
• Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Previous experience working with an offsite model will be a plus.
• Expertise with QA processes, writing and executing test plans and test cases, maintaining bug database, verifying fixes, software releases.
• Solid understanding of the software development and software quality lifecycles.
• Familiar with production deployment process and post-production validations.
• Previous development background will be a plus.
• .Net/nUnit exposure will be a plus.
• Familiar with any scripting language; Perl, VBScript etc.
• Knowledge of Software version control tools.
• Knowledge of Video and audio processing in Windows XP OS a plus.
• Blu-ray/DRM exposure is nice to have.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V