Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for an Ingest Operator. This position is located in Burbank, California.
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, closed captioning, and subtitle files.
• Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
• Individual will perform emulation QC of several different types of files (linear playback testing of audio, video and subtitles; closed captioning; etc.).
• Individual will perform file QCs using various playback programs. (VLC, QuickTime, Elecard, etc.)
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material.
• Visual quality assurance testing of subtitle (text) and closed caption (cc) files.
• Use DDS Checklists to verify compliance of DDS product to client specifications and Bill of Materials.
• Data entry into internal production database.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• AA degree in computer science, programming, electronics, A/V technology, television production or related field (or equivalent experience).
• 1-2 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
• File quality control experience is preferred.
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of audio, video, interactive multimedia, software playback programs, and consumer electronic devices.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software and player anomalies.
• Individual must be organized, diligent and detail-oriented.
• Individual must possess solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video and subtitle impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Individual must be willing to work nights and weekends.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V