Human Resources Business Partner
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The HRBP is fully dedicated to internal clients; understanding their needs and their challenges, developing and implementing better people management practices, sharing the responsibility for the goals and target delivery. The HRBP will support The President
of Digital Cinema along with managers to develop more empowered teams that are aligned with the needs of the business strategy. This role will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Align and integrate HR strategies, goals and practices to support ongoing business challenges.
• Enable rapid expansion and ramp to productivity of HR initiatives & activities into new countries/regions to support business needs.
• Maintain the necessary level of business and financial understanding of the company's financials, near and mid-range people plans, culture, and market competitors.
• Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR Corporate Services to develop proactive HR solutions, programs and policies.
• Work closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, celebrate & build morale, foster reward and recognition activities, increase engagement and ensure retention.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to create career development plans and pathways for support employee growth.
• Lead and/or participate in all aspects of talent management with business leaders.
• Provide guidance to clients to objectively assess and bring to resolution employee relations issues; identify any trends, root causes and solutions to improve organizational/team satisfaction.
• Conduct coaching on various topics such as communications, performance management, employee relations, career growth, new management orientation and team performance.
• Provide recommendations and input on decisions that involve unsatisfactory performance and/or policy violations.
• Quickly and responsibly resolves employee relations issues which may involve preparing and approving Performance Improvement Plans, conducting employee meetings and internal & external investigations.
• Business Insight – applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. Appreciates HR's impact and how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy.
• Decision Quality – makes thoughtful, factual/data driven, and complex decision in a timely manner that keep the organization moving forward.
• Drives Engagement – partners with key stakeholders to create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
• Cultivates Innovation – encourages and supports employee ideas and contributions to improve processes and/or work environment.
• Interpersonal Savvy – relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate. Self-starter.
• Resourcefulness – can successfully secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently.
• Drives Results – achieves results, even under tough circumstances, and takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Balances Stakeholders – anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Strategic Mindset – Sees ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Instills Trust – gains and inspires the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, authenticity, and consistent delivery of commitments and is highly ethical. Can be trusted to do only the ''right thing'' for the employees, shareholders, and
others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
• Strong intellect – Ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgement. Quickly study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational
• Values and Leadership – Demonstrates alignment to delivering Customer Service, Excellence, Execution, Innovation, and Team Core Values. Commitment to growing and developing internal talent. Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent
fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first.
• Result Oriented – Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Enjoys working collaboratively in a hands-on manner
• Change Agent – Ability to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Continually creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate
risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Business, Human Resources, Legal or a related discipline a must.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• 10 years of experience in Human Resources.
• Entertainment and/or Media Industry preferred.
• Current Union/ Bargaining experience required.
• Must have supported employees and senior executives.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is a requirement.
• Proactive self-starter.
• Strong team player and willingness to partner with the Center of Excellence.
• Must possess a broad range of priority setting skills to balance the day-to-day workload.
• Must be approachable, flexible, adaptive, possess excellent communication skills, and capable of interacting and partnering with all levels of employee counterparts.
• Must have SENSE of HUMOR!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.