Head of Technology
Deluxe EntertainmentSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2017 1:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Head of Technology jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Head of Technology postings
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Head of Technology (HoT). This position will be located in Santa Monica or Hollywood, CA.
The Head of Technology (HoT) will be responsible for establishing the Deluxe Creative Artists Group (DCAG) technical vision for the Production environment and leading all aspects of technology development, according to the division's strategic direction and
growth objectives. They will also work with Deluxe Corporate IT to ensure their initiatives are deployed throughout the DCAG organization.
Working with the Division leadership, they will participate in the formulation of the company's business strategy and will oversee the effective execution of technology and information systems related to that strategy, including securing client satisfaction
and building a high performing team. They will be responsible for the company's day-to-day operating activities within the Technology and Engineering departments, including resource utilization, related capital and operating expenses, project management, and
production support, working with other division leadership. They will play a critical role in the current and future success of the company.
• Set the strategy for the production technology platforms, technical/information security, and technical partnerships in conjunction with the BU and Division Leads and in alignment with the overall business and operational strategies.
• Lead, manage and empower the Engineering, Technology, and Production IT teams for the Deluxe creative brands to execute against the technical roadmap for the division.
• Oversee production technology implementation for DCAG worldwide, including management of capitalized assets and framing future capital asset needs.
• Manage the Software Development team, prioritizing the deployment of products and tools, supervising software testing and ensuring appropriate maintenance approach.
• Supervise research and development projects.
• Establish technical standards and ensure adherence throughout the division, focusing on agile practices.
• Serve as the division liaison to corporate IT.
• Lead the division in anticipating and reacting to major technology changes and mitigating potential issues through the use of an appropriate redundancy strategy.
• Assess and recommend technologies in support of company needs and develop technology contingency plans to keep projects on track.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in the Post Production or Visual Effects Production Technology area with 10 years of management and strategic leadership.
• Possess a solid understanding and best practices of industry standard Post Production content creation and delivery platforms related to but not limited to: Color Science, Visual Effects, Mastering, Dailies, Editorial, and Virtual Reality.
• Ability to lead IT and engineering teams, establishing an environment that develops clear individual goals for team members, reinforcing individual performance in support of overall organizational goals.
• Experience in defining and delivering cost effective, agile, robust, and secure technology solutions, including use of cloud technologies.
• Experience with software development lifecycle and project management, having led the build out of Production or IT systems.
• Solid track record managing and negotiating with technology vendors and third parties, building successful partnerships while securing cost effective deals.
• Must have strong leadership skills and be able to work in a collaborative environment, negotiate challenges, explain technical considerations and recommend solutions.
• Must be able to forecast needs, requirements, and future direction for technology ecosystem.
• Strong organizational skills and efficiency with the ability to plan projects and lead the team to execute that plan.
• Must possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences including business leaders, executives, employees and vendors.
• Must be a driven professional willing to provide hands-on experience in addition to leading and directing others.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.