Full Stack .Net Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Full Stack Engineer (.NET). This position is located in Burbank, California.
The Full Stack Engineer will develop web applications for Deluxe Network Services on a .NET framework from product definition through implementation, release and maintain a client – server system for connected entertainment devices. After initial deployment,
development will include new features and applications for Hollywood Titles supporting connected Blu-ray and electronic distribution of consumer electronics players.
The Full Stack Engineer will be responsible in many cases for the design and development of Network Service applications as the sole person in the development. As a result this requires a level of responsibility to achieve the end product that is extremely
reliable and an attention to detail.
Candidates need to be able to find clever ways to solve problems, design around system limitations and to meet shorten schedules if necessary. They need to work with new players and deal with unknown/new compatibility problems, in new and sometimes undocumented
tools and formats.
• Proven background in web technologies including complete definition from infrastructure to software technologies built on Microsoft technologies and .NET Framework
• Experience in high transaction environments, user session, and account management in a load balanced environment with clustered databases
• Experience in Microsoft .NET Technologies including ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web APIs, MVC, C# and development in Microsoft Visual Studio
• Experience with Add-ons, such as NewtonSoft-Json, Bootstrap etc.
• Experience with NoSQL, such as MongoDB
• Strong experience in developing, debugging and troubleshooting proprietary web applications including use of Web Services and Restful APIs, including strategies across caching, session management and scalability
• Experience with Caching tool such as Memcached
• Experience in developing Windows Services
• Experience in backend databases in particular MS SQL Server 2010, including development of Stored Procedures, SSIS Packages
• Experience in ASP.NET WebForms, WCF, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, Git[hub], MySQL Views using SQL and Transact-SQL
• Experience with object relational mapping (ORM)
• Experience with TDD (Test-Driven Development)
• Experience with version control tools and concepts (e.g., Subversion, GitHub)
• Experience in the integration of off-the-shelf web applications, and integration with third party APIs to interface with the system
• Perform quality control audits and load tests to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper handling of data
• Provide technical resolution of issues on mission critical systems and serve as primary point of contact for coordination
• Have strong analytical and troubleshooting experience and skills to isolate and resolve production issues in live environment
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering. Master's degree is preferred
• Minimum of 5+ years of web development with experience, including designs and implementation
• Deep understanding and hands on experience with SSIS packages
• Ability to communicate, in both oral and written form, effectively to upper level management and peer engineers internally, and externally to customers with various backgrounds either technical staff or marketing personnel
• Positive, service-oriented personality
• Experience with designing enterprise level systems will be a strong plus
• Must learn and process information quickly
• Must able to effectively document all processes, designs and data flows
• Ability to provide technical leadership and support to management, peers, developers, and third parties
• Experience with AWS will be a plus
• Solid troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to reach innovative options quickly required
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Good discipline to meet the requirements for production support and make commitments
• Technical expertise includes:
• Proven background in Microsoft web technologies including complete definition from infrastructure to software technologies
• Platform expertise including Windows 2008 Server Web server technologies including IIS (ISAPI components and filters)
• Experience with HTTP, SSL/TLS, web services, and XML document exchanges
• Experience in programming languages ASP.NET, C#, , and use of Visual Studio 2008. 2010, 2013
• Experience in creating high-reliability web deployments (geographical distribution, server farms, AWS)
• Experience in technologies like ASP.NET Core, Docker, JIRA, SignalR/MSMQ/RabbitMQ, AngularJS, Angular 2, TypeScript will be a plus
• Experience designing system architectures, including microservices and service-oriented architectures
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.