Director of Engineering
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Deluxe leads the advertising and entertainment industries with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe is a global company with a presence
in nine countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering with 8+ years experience in a technical leadership role.
• Lead, manage, and empower a team of 15+ senior developers to deliver exceptional, high quality software
• Mentor developers and provide process and architectural guidance
• Expert knowledge of at least one application discipline, along with the ability to learn new technologies based on business needs.
• Sound analytical skills to deal with requirements and/or issues that may be loosely defined and the ability to further manipulate and expand on them.
• Ability to think ''end-to-end'' by connecting all the pieces of the business (content operations, development, product, qa, network operations, etc.) and delivering software that satisfies your customer
• Be a leader of and enforce Agile practices within the product development team.
• Recruit and hire world-class engineers
• 8+ years experience with one or more of the following technologies (.NET, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP)
• 8+ years experience with database technologies
• 3+ years experience in roles leading and managing teams of 6 or more
• 3+ years using Agile (Scrum/Kanban, TDD, Continuous Integration) software development methodologies, values, and processes.
• Proven track record of increasing responsibility and success building, leading, and managing technical teams
• Excellent architectural and design skills with previous roles as a developer
• Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills and a decisive leader.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
• Excellent knowledge of high transaction environments, distributed workflows, and web platform architectures.
• Driven, self-motivated, and capable of managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
• Creative and efficient in solving complex, time-critical problems.
• Experience with SaaS and multi-tenant products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and someone who is passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and simple design.
• Experience with digital asset management systems, encode/transcode technologies
• Experience working with digital media, workflow systems, transcoding and DRM technologies (Widevine, PlayReady, CENC, etc.)
• Experience with No-SQL databases (Solr, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase)
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), company health screenings and more. Local candidates only. No relocation assistance provided.
To view other open positions and for more information on our company, please visit our website.
Deluxe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.