Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2016 2:36:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Data Architect jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Data Architect postings
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Data Architect. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
As a Data Architect, you will work with key members of technical and business teams and executives to design, implement, and support: solid, extensible, highly-available decision support and transactional data models in an environment that supports both current
and future business requirements. Success will be accomplished by engaging business partners to better understand their needs to define data requirements, design and implement an Enterprise Data Architecture across the life-cycle of our data assets including
Operational RDBMS, Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence solutions while providing on-going support of the BI information infrastructure. Successful candidates shall possess the ability to see the big picture, prioritize requirements, schedule tasks, and
communicate progress. In addition, candidates should have the ability to present findings logically and visually to all levels, executives, management, and analysts.
• Partner with business analysts and customers to translate business and data requirements into logical and physical data models in support of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
• Translate business intelligence metrics into EDW technical requirements; identify data sources, design dimensional data models and physical databases.
• Responsible for overall data architecture for all areas and domains of the enterprise, including data acquisition, ODS, MDM, data warehouse, data provisioning, and ETL.
• Collaborate with data stewards and business customers to identify data usage patterns and formulate business names, definitions, and data quality rules for data elements.
• Generate and maintain the enterprise data asset catalog.
• Create and manage business metadata and consistent data definitions across the business units for published data sources to ensure that it is easily discoverable, and meaningful to information workers; drive data sharing and elimination of redundancies.
• Ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs and enhancements. Help create vision and structure that can expand across business units.
• Identify and partner with business stakeholders to execute robust and continuous improvement opportunities within the data management processes in the applicable systems. Advocate best practices in data management and data governance.
• Assist end-to-end process with respect to: data extraction/ingestion; transformation; staging/preparation; analysis/reporting and data archival.
• Drive accuracy and timeliness of information which is a critical and highly visible aspect of the position as it impacts customer perception and financial performance of the business.
• Define data quality metrics and validation rules. Ensure that realistic quality expectations are consistent with business processes. In addition, ensure that the data conforms to the quality expectations and initiate the appropriate corrective actions or
applicable escalation help chains to enable success.
• Generate master data reporting such as key metrics, compliance, project trackers, and dashboards.
• Work closely with data owners and business analysts to set and govern data access requirements.
• Recommend and enforce Data Warehouse standards, best practices and architecture for enterprise data warehouse, data marts and analytical applications systems. Conduct audits with data warehouse to ensure accuracy of information.
• 5+ years of data architecture experience including strong Logical and Physical Data Modeling skills. Experience in normalized, dimensional, star schema and snow-flake models.
• Demonstrable experience using data modeling tools - e.g., ERwin
• Experience with managing metadata for data models.
• Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models. Leverage and enforce standards for data naming conventions to ensure consistency and reuse of data models.
• Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
• Validate business use cases for accuracy and completeness of proposed data models.
• Proficiency in master data management (MDM) projects and solutions.
• Extensive background in database systems along with a strong knowledge of SQ.L
• Exposure to ETL tools and significant experience with integrating multiple systems and establishing data integration architecture.
• Ability to perform data manipulation, data cleansing, data analysis, and data anomalies detection.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Knowledge of SAP, Salesforce, and HR systems data models.
• Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau and Business Objects.
• Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle.
• Ability to communicate complex technical information to less technical users.
• Ability to communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources.
• Ability to create very complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process and data flows.
• Ability to perform data fit/gap analysis based on requirements.
• Ability to work in an environment that is ever changing; ability to adjust to change is critical.
• Ability to work in an environment that has tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Ability to develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or Business.
• Entertainment industries experience a plus.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.