Business Solutions Director - Delivery
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Business Solutions Director – Delivery. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The Business Solutions Director (BSD) will work as the primary interface between Deluxe's Delivery and Localization Businesses and IT. The BSD will represent the business to IT, acting as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet
their business priorities and needs as well as representing IT and its services to the business.
The BSD will work to align the requirements of the business with the delivery goals of IT through solution discovery, project management, risk management, service management, and relationship management. The BSD will facilitate, and serve as a lead, for the
planning and execution of Business/IT projects and initiatives and communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff.
The BSD will also facilitate the adoption of new technology-based solutions by business users and provide guidance throughout key IT initiatives.
BUSINESS ADVOCACY/IT ALIGNMENT
• Understands and anticipates direction of the business area and identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support the assigned business area's desired future state
• Works with IT stakeholders and technical resources to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with appropriate level key business and IT stakeholders
• Guides the creation and delivery of the ongoing Strategic IT plan for the assigned business partners
• Leads internal and external stakeholder business technology planning and strategy meetings
• Leads prioritization of IT initiatives based on business needs/strategy, IT workload and budget
• Leads solution discovery process, including business requirements, RFP, & vendor selection.
• Ensures the business need is addressed by the technical solution from a conceptual standpoint
• Represents the business strategies and priorities to IT
• Represents the IT vision to the business
• Promotes business knowledge of IT process, roles, and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome
• Participates in short and long term planning sessions with clients to improve business processes
• Acts as an advocate for business needs and required results
• Provides regular updates on major strategic IT projects, business line priorities, business specific issues and ROI management
• Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery
• Leads the definition of project scope, goals, budget, schedule, resourcing and deliverables
• Develops and manages project work plans and maintains through life of project
• Manages all aspects of projects to meet project goals, timeline and budget
• Manages and reports on project status to plan
• Manages project budget, including budget, actuals, ETC and EAC
• Identifies & communicates with business leaders and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of project progress, risks, and results
• Ensure value realization and measures and tracks throughout project
• Responsible for project communication to team members, management and stakeholders
• Effectively applies established methodology and enforces project standards
• Ensures the project management methodology is adhered and stores all project deliverables and documentation
• Leads and may champion change management activities
• Ensures IT is aware of key business issues
• Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues
• Manages to contractual agreements
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Core Skills / Requirements
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Very detail oriented and organized
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
• Solid working knowledge of entertainment industry (specifically, organizations similar to Deluxe) and industry context preferred
• Solid project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Works well under stress with tight timelines for deliverables
Education / Experience:
• 7+ years of broad experience leading IT projects for a variety of project solutions: COTS, SAAS, Custom
• Experience doing business requirements, RFI/RFP development, Solution selection required
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in IT management, business analysis, consulting, process engineering or solutions management or other related area.
• Experience in media and entertainment required; experience with localization services and digital content delivery supply chain strongly preferred
• Deep understanding of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.