Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 11:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Broadcast Maintenance Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Broadcast Maintenance Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Deluxe Media (Deluxe) is a leading supplier of DVD, Blu-ray, BD Live, and digital distribution post production services, including subtitling and localization, video compression, encoding, authoring, menu design, bonus content production, audio, network
services, television distribution and broadcast services. We provide theatrical dubbing services, as well as point-of-purchase creative displays. DDS is a global company with presence in 6 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well
as a growing number of on-line retailers.
We have an opening for a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer in our Los Angeles Broadcast Center. This is a full-time permanent swing shift position. It will report to the VP, Engineering and Maintenance.
The Broadcast Maintenance Engineer is part of a team providing technical support for a 24x7 broadcast facility, using HD-SDI infrastructure, file-based workflows, video fiber circuits and satellite uplinks to deliver television programs and commercial advertising
spots to over 1200 television stations and cable networks.
This position requires an individual who can quickly troubleshoot problems to restore services in an on-air environment, working with operators, equipment manufacturers and affiliate stations as needed. This position contributes to the design and building of
enhancements to the broadcast operation, such as additional channels, streamlined workflows and new broadcast technologies. This position requires making decisions and working independently, during such times when management is not on-site.
• Troubleshooting broadcast systems: routers, video servers, automation, compression, uplink
• Troubleshooting broadcast signals: HD-SDI, transport streams, L-band
• Documenting procedures and workflows using Visio
• Installing, wiring and configuring broadcast equipment
• Providing phone support for affiliate television stations
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
• SMPTE 292M and eye-pattern
• DVB-S2 satellite transmissions and spectrum analyzers
• MPEG-2 transport streams and analyzers by Ericsson, DekTec, Sencore
• MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 encoding systems: Selenio and Ericsson
• Master control automation: Imagine ADC
• Broadcast playback and processing equipment: Omneon, Tandberg, Evertz
• Transcoding software: Telestream Vantage, FFMPEG
• Video file analysis using StreamEye, Aurora/Cerify
• Installation and configuration of operating systems: Linux, Windows
• 3 years Broadcast Engineering experience.
• AA degree in Electronics or Information Technology or equivalent experience with related equipment.
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V