Senior Financial Analyst
DTS, Inc.Calabasas, CA
Full Time Job
Since 1993, DTS has been dedicated to making the world sound better. Through its pioneering audio solutions for cinema and beyond, DTS provides incredibly high-quality, immersive and engaging audio experiences to listeners everywhere. DTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Xperi.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing the company-wide annual budget and revenue forecast as well as supporting the budget versus actual reporting process. Critical to the role is the ability to innovate and automate processes to increase speed and clarity of reporting. Additional responsibilities include the support of the annual strategic plan and ad-hoc business modeling exercises. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Prepare comprehensive consolidated annual budget for the US corporate headquarters and its multiple currency international subsidiaries.
• Administer and direct in the preparation of the rolling revenue forecast.
• Support and interact with division heads and budget managers to compile financial inputs to the budget system and provide updates to budget revisions.
• Assist with the preparation and distribution of budget vs. actual reports to the division heads and budget managers.
• Proficient with large-scale data sets used for advanced modeling and data mining purposes. Ability to think strategically about uses of data.
• Design and implement improvements to existing budget vs. actual reporting and annual budget process through the utilization of new systems, tools and techniques.
• Forecast recommendations through existing and alternative business modeling techniques, and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
• Prepare financial analysis, reports and other tools to measure financial performance against current budget and forecast and provide guidance to budget managers.
• Effectively work across all functions to assist in the drafting of the annual strategic plan document.
• Various ad-hoc projects and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• BA/BS in Accounting, Economics, or Finance. CPA preferred.
• Previous experience and responsibility for preparing multinational corporation budgets and/or forecasts preferred.
• 2-3 years general accounting and financial analysis experience required.
• Advanced PowerPoint skills with experience developing presentations for cross-functional decision makers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit.
• Ability to provide concise, accurate and high quality reports.
• Proficient in advanced Excel functions such as vlookup, goal seek, pivot tables and financial modeling.
• Strong interest and/or experience with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, or DAX preferred.
• Experience with large ERP systems and Adaptive preferred.
• Strong teamwork and project-related skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online