Sales Manager - 77 WABC
Cumulus NYNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Cumulus Media - New York is seeking a Sales Manager to help lead our team and drive revenue on News Talk WABC-AM. Cumulus provides our teams with great products to sell, superior training tools and a sales management system that supports business development and rewards performance. Cumulus encourages innovation and supports efforts to drive new business.
Who We Are:
At Cumulus- New York, we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus owns and operates 460 radio stations in 94 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee.
The Sales Manager is a full time, salaried position. Duties include and are not limited to the following:
• Grow agency and direct business and build excellent relationships with key buyers
• Coaching and training your local sales team
• Ability to identify and recruit top shelf sales talent
• Maintain a constant focus on prospecting and cultivating new business
• Precise inventory management
• Demonstrate the importance of utilizing our sales assets, including: spec spots,
custom proposals and qualitative research
• Maintain systems of accountability to ensure outstanding seller performance
• Develop creative sales promotions and client-focused partnerships for continued
revenue growth using on-air, digital assets and event marketing
• Be able to forecast and project revenue accurately
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Minimum 2 years' experience in the same or similar position with a track record of over-achieving goals in a mid- to large- radio market
• Prior experience as a top sales performer
• Deep knowledge of radio and digital advertising sales and NTR
• Ability to forecast and project revenue accurately and spot trends
• Must be highly organized and be able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Must be a team builder and team player with the ability to work across all departments
• Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor to help foster an upbeat working environment
• Undergraduate Degree
What We Offer:
• Cumulus offers an opportunity to embark on a career with the fastest growing media company in the U.S.
• Competitive pay
• Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered for all full time employees.
• Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401K with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Cumulus Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online