Cumulus MediaWashington, DC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Chief Engineer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Chief Engineer postings
Full Time Job
• Oversees staff that maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
• Establishes routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
• Oversees and assist with the installation and maintenance of control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Works with local management to coordinate remote broadcasts as needed.
• Responsibilities include compliance with FCC rules and regulations, budgeting, and 24/7 on call.
• Manages a staff of one or more people.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent management skills
• Interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task, delegate and handle pressures and deadlines
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Advanced experience with cluster-wide audio routing, digital audio delivery, EAS, Studio Telephone and engineering IT systems
• Computer literacy in applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Automation Systems, Novel, Linux, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot/repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities
• IT skills including local area and wide area networking
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and record keeping
• Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL and PRI circuits
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Minimum 7+ years as Chief Engineer