Cumulus MediaWashington, DC
Full Time Job
• Oversees staff that maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
• Establishes routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
• Oversees and assist with the installation and maintenance of control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Works with local management to coordinate remote broadcasts as needed.
• Responsibilities include compliance with FCC rules and regulations, budgeting, and 24/7 on call.
• Manages a staff of one or more people.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent management skills
• Interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task, delegate and handle pressures and deadlines
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Advanced experience with cluster-wide audio routing, digital audio delivery, EAS, Studio Telephone and engineering IT systems
• Computer literacy in applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Automation Systems, Novel, Linux, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot/repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities
• IT skills including local area and wide area networking
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and record keeping
• Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL and PRI circuits
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Minimum 7+ years as Chief Engineer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online