Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs,
ConfidentialSherman Oaks, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2016 11:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, jobs in Sherman Oaks-CA
Search all Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, postings
Full Time Job
A very well established TV Production/Distribution company is seeking a highly motivated, sharp, enthusiastic and exceptional Attorney to serve as Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, to be based in Los Angeles. This is a Full-Time position with a competitive salary and generous benefits including, health, dental, 401(K) paid vacation and holidays.
Principal responsibility is for legal matters of the Company. The attorney will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of the Company and shall be responsible for supporting the legal needs of company's development, production and international distribution groups. The attorney will be responsible for negotiating and drafting various agreements with television networks, distributors, talent, producers and below-the-line personnel. The attorney will also draft release agreements in connection with the company's programming and review and assess programming content for clearance issues and potential intellectual property, privacy and defamation matters.
• Negotiate agreements for all facets of television production and development, including license agreements, above-the-line agreements, option and literary purchase agreements, production services agreements, production placement and promotion, assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions, co-production agreements, co-finance agreements and acquisition agreements.
• Provide business counsel, including negotiation and review of contractual obligations and options, copyrights, contract administration, etc. Review and strategizing in connection with the negotiation of agreements in connection with talent rights and clearances, and draft appropriate contracts to acquire rights or provide assistance to licensees or third parties, as appropriate, to acquire such rights.
• Negotiate intellectual property licenses and provide business advice and counsel to senior company executives regarding all material business terms.
• Negotiate talent agreements.
• Structure and draft joint venture, co-production, output and co-venture agreements as appropriate.
• Supervise outside counsel, paralegal and clerical subordinates in the performance of legal, business and compliance-related tasks.
•Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Juris Doctorate (JD) from an A.B.A. accredited law school.
• Current membership in the California State Bar.
• Prior transactional experience in the entertainment industry.
• Ability to organize and schedule work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Minimum Five To Six years' experience in entertainment law (transactional) and preferably with television production, finance and acquisitions experience.
•Some level of experience with international markets and practical knowledge of the industry (including production and licensing) is required.
• Must have excellent negotiating skills.
• Knowledge of interactive software market/entertainment industry required.
• Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as proven ability to work with creative and corporate personnel.