VP of Sales and Marketing
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for VP of Sales and Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP of Sales and Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Established distribution company is seeking a serious candidate who is extremely driven and experience with DVD, VOD, TV, and international buyers. We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years experience in sales who knows the ins and outs of the independent film world. We currently have a very strong international and domestic presence.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the industry
• Energetic, likable, gregarious personality
• Interest/passion for the film industry
• Go-getter type of mentality
• Able to think on their feet
• Able to be innovative
• distribution company experience
• Experience at the major film markets
• Knowledge of different languages a plus but not necessary
DO YOU HAVE PASSION FOR SALES?
This is a major opportunity for someone with drive and desire to make great progress in their career.
You will be responsible for sales and licensing of programming across the company catalogue across all media.
- Close licensing agreements across all media and across all the company's catalogue in respective territories, reaching monthly and annual budgets.
-You will oversee all licenses in your territories from initiating interest via pitching through to closing, contracting and payment.
- You will review new projects as and when required and provide detailed forecasting for all your territories (and others) as requested.
- You will assist in devising and revising marketing and sales strategies for all content.
- Help manage and update the database of Licensees and Platforms in all territories and maintain and promote good working relationships with them corresponding with them on a regular basis, understanding their needs/ businesses.
- Prepare and issue pitches, promoting the catalogue represented by the Company specific to availability and client requirements
- Organize meetings and market events/attendance as required.
Proficiency in a second language would be an advantage;
Proven sales experience within International markets.
Experience of selling to Broadcasters & Platforms
Dynamic and energetic approach to work
Comprehensive knowledge of the broadcasting environment including specific market knowledge regarding territories.
- Preferred if you are proficient in Filmtrack, Excel and Microsoft Office
- International travel is required, flexibility is a major plus
Needs experience in marketing and a knowledge of major film markets such as: AFM, EFM, CANNES, MIPTV, MIPCOM, etc.
Is knowledgeable in Adobe Indesign and creating commercial and profitable Key art for independent films of all genres.
Creating DVDs, working with trades such as THR, Screen and Variety.
Managing social media Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Monetizing YouTube by uploading Trailers, Exclusive Cast interviews, Behind the Scenes, etc.