ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
This position is responsible for proofreading all print materials for Worldwide Theatrical Print Production. Provides support to the Senior Vice President and Worldwide Print Production team. Proofreader will be responsible for catching inconsistencies across various digital and printed materials. Scope of work to include reviewing, proofreading, and correcting high volumes of work on short deadlines. Proofreader must be a maverick at noticing errors in spelling and grammar. Will be making clear and concise corrections according to the context of the material.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Reads typescript or proof of type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors
• Reads proof against copy, marking by standardized code, errors that appear in proof
• Proofreads, reviews and edits materials for accurate use of grammar and content
• Corrects any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors in original copy
• Returns marked proof for correction and later checks corrected proof against copy
• May measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler
Education and Experience Requirement
• BA/BS degree in Communication, Journalism, Advertising or related/similar field
• 2 - 4 years work experience in proofreading or marketing required
• Understand APA/MLA Format
• Scrupulous about detailed work
• Highly skilled in written English
• Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under time constraints
• Be able to multi-task and balance priorities and deadlines in a demanding and fast paced environment
• Good at concentrating for long periods
• Excellent communications skills (written & verbal)
• Proficient with MS Office package
• Comfortable working with IT
• Motion Picture Studio experience preferred
• General office environment.
REMARKS: The Company reserves the right to add, delete or modify duties and job requirements at any time. An applicant must meet the minimum job requirements of the job for which he or she is applying. Moreover, the Company may, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion, evaluate whether an incumbent continues to satisfy the minimum job requirements of the job that he/she holds. With respect to a request for reasonable accommodation, the Company will evaluate whether the applicant or employee can perform the essential functions of the subject job with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company's evaluation of a request for reasonable accommodation will include engaging in the interactive process with the applicant or employee.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online