Subtitle Tester / QC Operator
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Subtitle QC Operator and/or Editor
We are a testing company in the Entertainment industry currently looking for experienced Subtitle QC operators.
This QC position for media and entertainment content on DVD, Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray and also Digital files.
- Mondays through Fridays from 7:45am to 4:15pm or 3:00pm to 11:30pm
- Saturdays and Sundays from 7:45am to 4:15pm
Primary responsibility for this QC operator position would be QC of foreign language subtitles and closed captions for titles to be distributed on platforms such as iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Google and Hulu, etc. You must have at least 2 years of professional experience as a subtitle editor/translator and must be proficient with time-cueing. You will be responsible for managing hard deadlines.
The ideal candidate is very detail oriented and is able to shift priorities as required on a daily basis to accommodate the changing needs of our clients. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused environment to meet needs of the client. Strong spelling, grammar and editing skills preferred.
• 2 Yrs. Subtitling and editing experience
• Familiarity with EZTitles or other subtitle software is a BIG PLUS
• Accurate typing skills - minimum 50 wpm
• Familiarity with using search engines to research people, places and unfamiliar terms
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Comfortable in adapting to new software
• Experience working in a team environment
• Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, completing projects accurately and to deadline with minimal supervision
• Proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to work independently and as a team player
• Previous work experience at an authoring facility or QC vendor a plus
• Excellent attention to detail, with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of integrity and ethics
• An individual with a very strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges
• Familiarity with Television and Film digital media file types -Quicktime, MXF, MPEG, Mp4 etc.
Additonal Comments: All interested candidates should reside in/near the Los Angeles area and will be required to work in our office. Telecommuting is NOT an option for this position, nor are travel and/or relocation-related expenses covered.
The contractor position is hourly DOE - Between $14-$18/per hour
All interested candidates should reside in/near the Los Angeles area and will be required to work in our office. Telecommuting is NOT an option for this position, nor are travel and/or relocation-related expenses covered.
No phone calls please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online