Production Crew Chief
ConfidentialNorth Hollywood, CA
Part Time Job
We are seeking Crew Chiefs for our upcoming tour season
September 2017 - June 2018
A valid passport and ability to enter Mexico and Canada is mandatory for this position.
Applicants must be based in Los Angeles and have a basic knowledge of theatrical production, including audio, video and lighting, as well as extensive knowledge in personnel and production management.
This is a position for technicians ready to take the next step into a leadership role
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- booking stagehand labor, production assistants and on-site security local to that tour city
- communicating dock location and call times to your tour truck drivers
- participating in a weekly production recap meeting with convention staff
You will also be required to come into the warehouse on the Wednesday before each tour city for a full day (9:00am-6:00pm). This day is part of your flat weekend rate. You are expected to work at least 1 to 2 weeks in advance when preparing for your upcoming tour cities.
- running local stagehand crew and department heads (video, audio, lighting) from load-in through load-out.
- ensure equipment is maintained on the road
This is a physical position and you will be expected to help load & unload trucks, set up staging, and assist with A/V and lighting setup if needed. You are there from beginning to end of each load-in and load-out.
- Ability to oversee crews of 15-20 people. You are expected to keep each of your departments moving simultaneously through load in and load out.
- Knowledge of dance conventions and competitions is a major plus, but not required. Please include this in your resume.
- Portable staging assembly, basic conventional/intelligent lighting, audio, and video experience.
- Ability to work long hours in high-stress theatrical production environments.
Time Commitment and Travel
Thursdays through Mondays. Company covers flight, hotel and transportation in show city.
Prior to each tour, you will need to commit to a minimum two weeks of paid training and shop work to prepare for the tour at our production facility in North Hollywood, CA. This training period will start in early September.
$1450 per city average. Shop Pay begins at $20/hr.
We also provide a bonus for successful completion of contract.
Please email your resume with CREW CHIEF APPLICATION in the subject line.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online