ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
A leading television production company specializing in non-fiction programming seeks a Producer / Shooter as part of a newly formed news team. This position will stay apprised of current and newsworthy events, research potential shoot ideas, and plan all logistical aspects of shoots.
Candidates will need to have a strong background as a producer / shooter and be capable of conducting quick OTF style interviews with celebrities, athletes, police and other government officials. This position requires the skill of filming a wide range of shooting styles, from TMZ style celebrity footage to red carpet events, fundraisers, sporting events, music concerts, studio shoots (including green screens, breaking news events and more.)
Job Requirements & Qualifications
• Must have experience shooting on a 5D or 6D camera
• Must have experience shooting on Canon XF105 and X70
• Knowledge of the Los Angeles area is must
• Having press credentials is a plus
• Connections with promoters and celebrity management to secure photo opportunities is a plus.
• Experience as a stringer is a plus.
• Must be experienced as a camera operator who can properly log and transfer media files.
• Must be artistically-inclined and demonstrate a great sense for storytelling
• Great social skills and the ability to communicate with all types of people
• Must be organized and able to adhere and adapt quickly to changing deadlines and requirements
• Able to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment while maintaining professionalism and composure
• Time split between a fast-pace, busy office and location shoots, where conditions may be ever-changing and unpredictable
• Must be willing to work long hours if necessary, including mornings, nights, and weekends.
• Ability to lift and shoot with equipment that may weigh up to 90 lbs.
• Frequent cross-town and domestic travel
• Must be able to sit for long periods, stand for lengthy periods
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or other protected characteristics, when and as required by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online