Post Production Technology Supervisor
ConfidentialCulver City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Post Production Technology Supervisor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Post Production Technology Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
Award-winning media and video production/post company is soliciting resumes for a new Post Production Technology Supervisor. This is a full time position that will be available after the first of the year, but may require some part-time hours beforehand to see how the company runs and to train with our current staff, equipment and workflows.
The Post Production Technology Supervisor role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced and creative environment, with excellent skills in collaboration, communication, and innovation. Most importantly, the Post Production Technology Supervisor must be proactive, manage deadlines well and be knowledgeable of the latest video post production technologies.
- The Post Technology Supervisor's primary responsibility is to support a post production environment with multiple edit/animation/3D work stations (almost exclusively Adobe Creative Cloud Macintosh-based), 50+ TB storage environment (Apple Mac OS X Server Yosemite).
- This support encompasses repairs, maintenance, upgrades, new installations, plug-in & font management and more.
- Management of firewalls, routers, switches, Wireless Access Points, and other network hardware. (The majority of network configuration is conducted by a third party, but you will be required to maintain and manage as necessary, and interface with our vendor as issues arise.)
- Manage and create e-mail accounts for all staff.
- Develop and expand current practicing for backup, archiving, and restoring project files.
- Evaluate potential technical workflow and stability improvements.
- Train staff on new systems and current workflows.?
- Advise on best practices for file management, data protection/security and archive.
- Ingest, export, encoding of video files to multiple codecs as necessary.
- Deployment of new workstations/servers.?
- Document networks, systems and procedures.
- Any and all duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years experience working in an enterprise technology environment supporting Mac operating systems.
- 5+ years Mac OS X Server administration experience.
- 5+ years experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (mainly including, but not limited to, Premiere & After Effects), and Apple Final Cut Pro 7.
- 5+ years experience working with various video codecs and formats. (Apple ProRes 422, Avid DNxHD, H.264, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D Net Render Server.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 in a Mac enterprise environment a plus.
- DaVinci Color Resolve experience a plus.
- VFX application support experience: Maya, Nuke a plus.
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NAS, SAN, etc.)
- Ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated.
- Have excellent communication skills: written and spoken (including the ability to assist non-technical staff with various technical issues)?
- Flexibility of schedule is needed. Some weekend work and late hours may be necessary.