Post Production Assistant / Assistant Editor
Full Time Job
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communication and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Tracks footage delivery deadlines; downloads and posts footage. Alerts editors and assistant editors of deliveries received.
- Play key role digitizing and organizing assets.
- Manage disk space, file structure, workflow and sending versions of projects.
- Keep track of digital media, ensuring it is labeled, stored, media managed and archived correctly.
- Outputting to a variety of formats: Quicktime, MP4, HDCAM SR.
- Create scripts and cue sheets for spots and trailer versions.
- Delivery of final materials internally and externally via digital transfer (Aspera), FTP, Wiredrive and tape.
- Preparing projects, gathering elements and creating string outs for producers and editors prior to editing.
- Overcutting final picture and sound.
- Transcribing videos/features.
- Help with office duties including runs/deliveries.
- Strong organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Mac OS X
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro
- Media Encoder
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Digital video and video tape
- Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats
- Three professional references.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online