Post Production Assistant / Assistant Editor
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Post Production Assistant / Assistant Editor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Post Production Assistant / Assistant Editor postings
Full Time Job
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communication and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Tracks footage delivery deadlines; downloads and posts footage. Alerts editors and assistant editors of deliveries received.
- Play key role digitizing and organizing assets.
- Manage disk space, file structure, workflow and sending versions of projects.
- Keep track of digital media, ensuring it is labeled, stored, media managed and archived correctly.
- Outputting to a variety of formats: Quicktime, MP4, HDCAM SR.
- Create scripts and cue sheets for spots and trailer versions.
- Delivery of final materials internally and externally via digital transfer (Aspera), FTP, Wiredrive and tape.
- Preparing projects, gathering elements and creating string outs for producers and editors prior to editing.
- Overcutting final picture and sound.
- Transcribing videos/features.
- Help with office duties including runs/deliveries.
- Strong organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Mac OS X
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro
- Media Encoder
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Digital video and video tape
- Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats
- Three professional references.