Full Time Job
We are a small boutique post house seeking a highly motivated and highly adaptable online editor. With duties ranging from prepping and organizing dailies, to conforming final masters, to creating deliverables and uploading them this job runs the gamut of post-production online services. This is a client facing position that will interact directly with customers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Utilize Avid Media Composer and Davinci Resolve for conforming client projects, creating effects, and titling
•Process dailies by creating DNxHD proxies, creating bins and ALEs, creating dailies deliverables and uploading media and deliverables
• Layoff and quality control final tapes such as: HDCam, HDCamSR, DVCPro, DigiBeta
• Organization and cleanliness of the Finishing Avid projects, Avid stations, and hard drives
• Create LTO archives and verify checksum
• Communicate with managers and co-workers about all completed and in progress tasks each day
• Train new additions to the department in all functions and responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 6 months experience in professional DaVinci color correction
• Minimum 1 year experience in Avid Media Composer including color correction and advanced Video effects knowledge
• Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Clear communication skills
• Understanding of editing concepts
• Experience with the DaVinci and Avid / ISIS Client Manager work flow
• A clear understanding of color theory
• An ability to perform quality control before final delivery.
• Understanding of frame rates (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 29.97i, 50i, 59.94p), timecode (drop frame, non drop frame), aspect ratios (1.33, 1.78, 1.85, 2.39), resolutions (720x486, 1280x720, 1920x1080, 2K, 4K), Video scanning (interlaced vs progressive), and color spaces (rec709 16-235, RGB 0-255)
• Basic understanding of audio bit depth (16bit, 24bit), sample rate (44.1kHz, 48kHz), codecs (AAC, Linear PCM), common track layouts (stereo, 5.1, split), and audio formats (WAV, AIF, mp3, m4a)
• Knowledge of digital video codecs including DNxHD, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444, h264, Photo JPEG and bit rates (ex: 6Mbit/s vs 100Mbit/s)
• Ability to work in a variety of color spaces and camera formats
• Experience with video conversion tools and basic understanding of the .mov and .mp4 wrappers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as FTP Clients (Cyberduck, Transmit)
• Ability to work under high pressure situations with quick turn arounds and take instructions both verbally and in writing
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Attention to detail and consistency
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online