Motion Graphics Designer (Theatrical)
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is not a junior position.
Only those with a minimum of 3 - 5 years experience working in Theatrical motion graphics will be considered.
Degree from an accredited art school or university desired, but we believe the appropriate minimum working experience is paramount.
Candidates must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of industry standard design programs for the creation of high-end motion graphic design projects from sketch to finish.
The right individual should be passionate about all aspects of typography and design. They should also be able to take initiative and manage their own time within a busy agency environment, where deadlines and challenges constantly evolve. They must possess a friendly demeanor and be able to collaborate with others.
- 2D and 3D design and animation of outstanding motion graphics for multiple Theatrical and Broadcast campaigns including trailers, main title design, graphics packages, and transitions.
- Design and animation of motion graphics for Theatrical projects and high end branded content as well as animated logos.
- Provide pre-production designs for pitching, including style frames, storyboards, mood boards.
- Adaptation of campaign assets - retouching, logo and artwork preparation, illustrating, coloring, grading, rotoscoping, tracking footage etc.
- Re-versioning existing campaigns so any new elements match provided footage and seamlessly compositing together in accordance with creative direction.
- Export and deliver appropriate files to the specification given.
- General and IT housekeeping of software, plugins, assets, style-guides, and naming convention compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative suite (primarily After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop) and related plug-ins.
- Advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D preferred.
- Maya artists with strong knowledge Cinema 4D and willingness to work on C4D projects also welcome.
- Strong technical knowledge of the post-production process, file formats and delivery specifications for theatrical and broadcast platforms.
- Exceptional design, layout, and typography skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to communicate creative ideas within a collaborative environment.
- Highly organized workflow so projects are easily passed between colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills and pleasant demeanor
- Legal compliance around the confidential nature of the work we do.
- MUST have minimum of 3 - 5 yrs. of Motion Graphic design and production experience.
SKILLS THAT WOULD BE ADVANTAGEOUS:
- Strong working knowledge of Maya, Nuke and Deadline.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online