Manager (Consultant)- Marketing Services
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is an implant position from our London vendor XYI. This position is a full time manager
This individual will be our conduit for all our daily workflow communications with XYI.
As an XYI implant employee they will work in tandem with the World Wide Marketing Services Department of a major motion pictures studio and XYI department; taking projects through concept, design and production, for print and digital materials for International motion picture marketing. This will included but is not limited to overseeing the daily mechanical builds and localization of all worldwide materials for print.
When our vendor in London (XYI) second shift leaves for the day this individual will pick up any remaining international print work product that needs to be completed by end of day here in LA.
The position would have to be on a ''permanent'' freelance basis because XYI does not have an US office. Therefore the freelancer will be responsible to pay their own taxes. The successful candidate could be contracted over a rolling 1 month period but would have to provide XYI with an appropriate invoice each month for reimbursement for services performed.
Employees are expected to work a minimum of 37.5 hours a week. and when required to work longer hours when the workload is heavy.
The candidate would receive 2 weeks paid holiday per annum which excludes public holidays. The holiday year runs from January 1st to December 31st. XYI requires at least four weeks' notice of any vacation plans. At XYI sole discretion, some of this entitlement may be taken over the Christmas break. They reserve the right, if the work dictates, to decline requests until more convenient for the good of the company.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for overseeing all XYI related Print Production and Marketing Services projects from start to completion working in conjunction with the XYI home office in London.
• Coordinate with XYI Home Office, Print Production and Marketing Services worldwide to create localized materials for print, digital and online launches.
• Daily review and creation of worldwide materials for XYI related projects.
• Provide art direction for XYI home office in London also being the conduit with the Print Production and Marketing Services Department's.
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with the Marketing Services' staff to ensure the visual design communicates the desired parameters requested by the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Services.
• Illustrates creative concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting lay out to Vice President of Print Production and legal sign off from Marketing Services.
Oversee the workflow of all international digital and print production of localizations.
Financial responsibilities -
Education and Experience Requirements
Experience in marketing, motion picture studio environment and graphic design. Minimum of eight years of experience in graphic design, print production and motion picture marketing. Fluency in current graphic design practices and print production software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign. Strong design style. Strong conceptual skills. Solid understanding of print production mechanicals, and the ability to take responsibility for them. Understanding of and experience in layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media. Demonstrate successful design and integration, and the delivery of projects on time and within the given deadlines. Ability to effectively work with a team, manages multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure. Attention to detail. Deadline-oriented. Strong analytical skills. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Eight plus years experience as a graphic designer in the following areas a plus: advertising agency, motion picture movie studio or graphic design studio.
REMARKS: The Company reserves the right to add, delete or modify duties and job requirements at any time. An applicant must meet the minimum job requirements of the job for which he or she is applying. Moreover, the Company may, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion, evaluate whether an incumbent continues to satisfy the minimum job requirements of the job that he/she holds. With respect to a request for reasonable accommodation, the Company will evaluate whether the applicant or employee can perform the essential functions of the subject job with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company's evaluation of a request for reasonable accommodation will include engaging in the interactive process with the applicant or employee.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online