ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Weinstein Company seeks a Legal Assistant to work directly with the Company's Business and Legal Department. The Business and Legal Department oversees and manages all transactional matters including development, international, productions and Acquisitions, and the Legal Assistant provides legal and administrative support on all such matters.
Key responsibilities include:
* Analyzing legal documents and issues
* Reviewing corporate and legal documents for accuracy
* Coordinating anti-piracy efforts with chief corporate officers
* Drafting and preparing a range of documents including cover letters and memos
* Liaising with internal departments and outside parties
* General administrative tasks (e.g., maintaining files, scheduling, phones, etc.)
Candidates must be intelligent, detail-oriented, and highly analytical as well as posses strong writing and problem-solving skills. Prior legal experience is not necessary, but strong interest in entertainment law and the legal profession is absolutely critical.
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system , we automatically include this in the subject for you. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online