Key Production Accountant / Finance Manager
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Medium sized NYC Production Company looking to fill a Key Production Accountant/Finance Manager position beginning in September for a long term and possibly staff position.
* Oversee AP & Payroll for multiple shows in a corporate function
* Working with Head of Production and Line Producers to ensure a smooth accounting process on all shows
* Manage AP/Finance Team and Show Production Accounting teams from pre through post production with focus on Policy & Procedure, Cost Reporting, Tax Incentives and TV/Film Grants
* Vetting budgets, cash flows & timelines
* Work with Show Production Accounting teams in getting them prepped for Production and taking over show finance in Post-Production
* Reconciling show & company bank accounts
* Entry & Approval of Journal entries
* Continue to refine company & show Policy & Procedures as needed
* Communicate any updates or changes to process to the rest of the company
* Work with Controller on P&L/Balance sheet
* Working w/ CFO on additional reporting and cash flow for individual productions
* Other duties as needed
* Experience with SmartAccounting/EASE and EP Payroll
* Experience managing a team of 3-4 in-house
* Experience in Cost Reporting, P&L & Balance Sheet reports on an individual show level as well as from a corporate level
* Experience setting up projects in SmartAccounting/Ease
* Experience with film grants, incentives and tax credits
* Network Production Finance experience extremely helpful
* Experience in writing & setting Policy & Procedures at a company level desired
* Expert in Excel and creating reports for and with CFO
* Able to manage multiple shows
* A great personality with a willingness to get the job done and work with multiple departments
* Self Starter who can look forward and anticipate company and show needs before they become problems.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online