ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NY Agency looking for a new Junior Publicist. Applicants to the position should have familiarity with the film business and be extremely well-versed in contemporary independent cinema and the media. Prior experience in film publicity is strongly preferred. Candidates should be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced and professional environment. Attention to detail, strong verbal communication, and analytical writing skills are essential. Ideal candidates will be self-starters, energetic and have a strong work ethic.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitating logistics for press screenings, festival screenings, premieres, theater Q&As and other events.
• Assisting senior publicists with preparing administrative documents for clients, such as talent schedules, status reports, press day wraps, and festival wrap reports.
• Thorough, out of the box research for publicity campaigns and writer outreach.
• Monitoring publications & websites for press pieces on our titles.
• Awards campaign work, including helping to set up and staff awards events, coordinate invitations and assist with outreach to critics groups.
• Position involves some travel to film festivals.
• Candidates must be comfortable with dealing with high level talent and filmmakers.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including 401k, dental and vision.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online