Junior Account Executive Music Publicist
Full Time Job
Opening for a self-starter to hone their PR skills across a variety of clients that include everything from rising and established musicians to start-ups, festivals, brands, non-profits and entrepreneurs.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are crucial, as is a deep knowledge of and passion for pop culture, along with a proven ability to deliver national press coverage.
Social media and design know-how are a BIG plus. Creativity, teamwork and dedication must define your work style.
• Clip relevant news coverage
• Conduct research and reporting on new media outlets and industry trends
• Draft written materials including press releases, pitches, media alerts, etc.
• Pitch press coverage for clients (print, broadcast, online)
• Work with senior team members to brainstorm, develop and pursue new story ideas
• Maintain collective resources for team and become an expert on all assigned projects
• Participate in staff-wide discussions on innovative approaches to PR
• Coordinate schedules and logistics for press interviews/events
• Attend client concerts and events throughout the tri-state area
• Develop relationships with journalists
• Generate weekly client reports
• 1-2 yrs. experience in public relations, global agency a plus
• Exceptional written, verbal and organizational skills
• Passion for contributing to a wide variety of fast-paced PR campaigns (music, charities, food, products, etc)
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of Cision, Word, Excel and Office (and basic Photoshop skills)
• Social media
• cover letter (including salary requirements or history)
• three writing samples (press releases, pitches and/or bios)
• top three press clips from 2015/2016 Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online